PSL 8 is getting crazier by the second. Each match is something else. This match between Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans was something else. Can you imagine this many runs being made on a single day? Well, this is what happened between the Yellow storm and the Sultans. In this article, we will tell you all about the high target set by the Zalmis and how the Sultans chased it successfully. So without any further ado, let’s get right into it.
You can check out the updated points table here.
But if you want to check out the matches live, you can do that by clicking here. Or you can also follow the live match score by clicking here.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM
||Peshawar Zalmi v Multan Sultans
||Friday, March 10, 2023
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman
The Yellow storm Peshawar Zalmi won the toss and chose to bat first.
- Multan huddles after the batting ends, with Rizwan addressing.
- But what a performance by Peshawar. Babar came out intending to be strong tonight, and he and Saim Ayub contributed 134. They were 115/0 after 10 overs, and Babar was on fire.
- Ihsanullah’s two shots stood out, a straight drive and a rocking pull following the ball past mid-wicket. Multan was in big danger as the teenager equalled Babar’s stroke for stroke.
- Nevertheless, Abbas Afridi hauled Multan back with a four-wicket haul as wickets dropped, including Babar’s.
- Nonetheless, Mohammad Haris and TKC’s appearances, in which they simply came out blazing, aided Peshawar’s solid finish.
|PESHAWAR ZALMI 242-6
|Babar Azam 73(39)
||Abbas Afridi 4-39
|Saim Ayub 58(33)
||Usama Mir 1-27
|Tom Kohler-Cadmore 38(18)
||Anwar Ali 1-66
|Mohammad Haris 35(11)
- Peshawar has been unable to defend 240 or higher for the second time in two matches.
- It was mowed down with 10 balls to go in the last match, but just 5 tonight.
- Rossouw and Pollard put on a batting display until Anwar Ali and Usama Mir closed it.
- Multan dropped two early wickets, but Pollard was pushed to the top of the order and, together with Rossouw, just unloaded their electricity on the unfortunate bowlers.
- Pollard ran down the spinners and smashed Mujeeb for a hat-trick of sixes, whereas the left-hander proved lethal with his leg-side dominant strokes.
- Both hitters reached their fifties, and when Pollard collapsed, Rossouw completed his century off 41 balls.
|MULTAN SULTANS 244-6
|Rilee Rossouw 121(51)
||Azmatullah Omarzai 2-62
|Kieron Pollard 52(25)
||Wahab Riaz 1-32
|Anwar Ali 24(8)
||Mujeeb Ur Rahman 1-46
Man of the match
Rilee Russouw, what a player. If not for his power hitting display, Multan could not have done it. With his impactful performance, his team is able to become the second team to qualify for the play-offs.