It was Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars today 7 march 2023. Match number 23, what an all-round performance it was from the Zalmis. They recovered some honour in this tournament. They have scored high runs and been given a competitive target, and their bowling performance was top-notch. If you cannot see that match and do not have enough data to watch it on youtube, this article will be enough for you. So what are you waiting for? See how the Zalmis claimed glory on the HBL PSL 8 points table.
For future reference, you can watch the live score here.
Also, you can watch the matches live by clicking here.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM
||Lahore Qalandars v Peshawar Zalmi
||Tuesday, March 7, 2023
The Zalmis won the toss, and Babar decided the team would bat first.
||Shaheen Shah Afridi
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Due to a lack of swing, Saim Ayub pulled off a blinder at the top, while Babar was content to play a secondary role.
- Mohammad Haris stepped out and fell shortly after Saim went for a 36-ball 68.
- As the onslaught proceeded, TKC smacked his opening two balls off Rashid Khan for massive sixes. Things began to happen once the ball was shifted.
- TKC smacked one into the ground, so the ball was switched.
- Lahore grabbed many wickets with the altered ball because their bowlers discovered reverse swing.
- They will be dissatisfied with their tackling, though, with as many as four falling.
- Shaheen was the star when it came to bowling. He picked up a well-deserved 4-fer. Although if the other bowlers supported him, story could have been different.
|PESHAWAR ZALMI 207-10
|Saim Ayub 68(36)
||Shaheen Shah Afridi 4-31
|Babar Azam 50(41)
||Haris Rauf 2-35
|Tom KC 36(16)
||Zaman Khan 2-30
|Rashid Khan 2-41
- Peshawar bowled effectively early on to almost win the game.
- They took early wickets to put a strain on them.
- But then Talat and Shaheen got fifty to give themselves a shot.
- Raza also made an appearance, but it was too late.
- Arshad and Wahab were the two bowlers that succeeded in getting three-fers. Lahore has suffered its second defeat.
- Peshawar would be overjoyed with 2 points.
- A good day for the LQ skipper if we look at his performance, but the team lost. Sad
|LAHORE QALANDARS 172-10
|Hussain Talat 63(37)
||Wahab Riaz 3-17
|Shaheen Shah Afridi 52(36)
||Arshad Iqbal 3-27
|Sikandar Raza 20(7)
||Azmatullah Omarzai 2-40
Man of the match
And the award rightfully went to Saim. What a young talent he is. We can see glimpses of Saeed Anwar in him. Hopefully, he will not get lost forever in the nether and will play for Pakistan regularly.