Let’s talk about the Islamabad v Lahore Qalandars match highlights. What a match it was! Too bad if you couldn’t catch it live. But don’t worry; you will learn about what happened in this blog. All you have to do is read it. You will get all the updates from the toss to the Match presentation. So go nowhere.
Check out PSL Schedule as well.
If you want to watch the highlights for the first innings, scroll down to the first innings section. And if you want the second innings, we have added those as well. You just have to SCROLL DOWN 🙂
Watch:- PSL 2024 Live Streaming
Match 1 details
|GADDAFI STADIUM LAHORE
|Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars
|17 February 2024
The PSL 9 Score 2024 is also updated.
Islamabad United won the toss. And guess what? They chose to bowl first.
|Rassie van der Dussen
|Shaheen Shah Afridi
You can check the PSL 2024 Fixtures Schedule For Session 9.
|LAHORE QALANDARS 195-5
|Rassie van der Dussen 71 (41)
|Tymal Mills 2-45
|Sahibzada Farhan 57 (36)
|Shadab Khan 1-24
|Abdullah Shafique 28 (22)
|Naseem Shah 1-36
|196 runs in 20 overs
- RVD’s magnificent unbroken 71, along with a fifty from opener Sahibzada Farhan, has boosted Qalandars to 195.
- However, this is hardly a score that Islamabad United should be concerned about. The pitch is prepared for the pursuit.
- Their bowling might have been far better.
- Naseem and Ubaid were equally careless with the new ball, giving away several boundary balls.
- Farhan capitalized to get his squad off to a blazing start, while van der Dussen followed suit, starting steadily before altering gears later on.
- The Qalandars had a wonderful foundation, but Shadab bowled a brilliant spell in the middle overs to prolong their attack, and RVD didn’t get much hit in the last few balls before catching Mills in the final over.
|ISLAMABAD UNITED 200-2
|Shadab Khan 74 (41)
|Salman Fayyaz 1-23
|Agha Salman 64 (31)
|Zaman Khan 1-33
|Alex Hales 36 (28)
|Shaheen Shah Afridi 0-31
|Islamabad United won by 8 wickets and 10 balls remaining
- Islamabad United has begun its season with a resounding win!
- Farhan and van der Dussen both scored fifty to help Lahore post a solid total.
- However, with the dew effect and the surface being so good, Islamabad was always in the game. Hales took his side to a flier.
- However, Munro failed to create an impression and left cheaply when Zaman Khan caught him in front with an inswinger.
- Shadab Khan came in to bat at No. 3 and looked confident from the start.
- Hales lost against the flow of play, but Shadab found a reliable friend in Agha Salman.
- They were both constantly exploring new limits and staying ahead of the game. Lahore were careless on the field, missing many opportunities to get both of them out.
- The duo made them pay by stitching an undefeated 138-run stand, going over their fifties, and getting their team over the line with 10 balls remaining.
Man of the match
This is a brilliant comeback from Shadab Khan. A comeback with the MOTM trophy!