Mumbai Indians women v Gujarat Giants Match 1 Highlights – WPL 2023
Mumbai Indians women and Gujarat Giants fought against each other on 4 March 2023. This match was history. You can say that this match is the tipping point that can snowball into something big. No doubt, this is an unprecedented event. However, it is unfortunate that you couldn’t watch this match. But don’t worry, we will tell you everything that happened during this match.
So sit back, and enjoy.
|Date||Saturday, March 4, 2023|
|Venue||Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai|
|Match||Gujarat Giants v Mumbai Indians Women|
|TV Umpire||Pashchim Pathak|
|Reserve Umpire||Ranjeev Sharma|
|Match Referee||GS Lakshmi|
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN||GUJARAT GIANTS WOMEN|
|Yastika Bhatia||Beth Mooney|
|Hayley Matthews||Sabbhineni Meghana|
|Nat Sciver-Brunt||Harleen Deol|
|Harmanpreet Kaur||Ashleigh Gardner|
|Amelia Kerr||Annabel Sutherland|
|Pooja Vastrakar||Dayalan Hemalatha|
|Issy Wong||Georgia Wareham|
|Humaira Kazi||Sneh Rana|
|Amanjot Kaur||Tanuja Kanwar|
|Jintimani Kalita||Monica Patel|
|Saika Ishaque||Mansi Joshi|
- The Mumbai Indians had put up a significant score thanks to a great batting display.
- Kanwar struck twice in her first over to knock Yastika back for a low price.
- But, Matthews and Sciver-Brunt, two veteran foreign players, were on their own and played superbly. In the powerplay, they were off to an excellent beginning.
- Wareham took advantage of the latter, and Matthews then missed out on a fifty.
- The true slaughter began after the tenth over.
- Kaur was on a rampage right away, taking the bowlers to the rack. Kerr, who batted brilliantly herself, provided excellent assistance.
- They had already been looking at the target after Mooney was hurt in the first over. They then lost four wickets in the powerplay, which absolutely drove them back. They were unable to recover from that point.
- Thanks to Saika Ishaque, Gujarat Giants couldn’t even enter the triple figures.
- If we look at the first innings, this seems to be the best start of WPL.
- But if you look at the second innings, the batting is disappointing. But credit goes to the Mumbai bowlers who bowled pretty well.
- Dayalan Hemalatha and Monia were the only batters who entered double figures.
|Giants won the toss and chose to field first|
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN 207-5|
|Harmanpreet Kaur 65(30)||Sneh Rana 2-43|
|Hayley Matthews 47(31)||Tanuja Kanwar 1-12|
|Amelia Kerr 45(24)||Ashleigh Gardner 1-38|
|TARGET = 208 runs|
|GUJARAT GIANTS WOMEN 64-10|
|Dayalan Hemalatha 29(23)||Saika Ishaque 4-11|
|Monica Patel 10(9)||Nat Sciver-Brunt 2-5|
|Amelia Kerr 2-12|
|RESULT = MI women won by 143 runs|
|PoM = Harmanpreet Kaur|