So we are where we began from. It is Mumbai Indians Women against the Gujarat Giants women again. The tournament opener was such a stunner. It started Mumbai’s winning streak, whereas the Gujarat Giants lost miserably. Currently, the Mumbai Indians women stand at the top of the points table, while the Gujarat girls are in the 4th position, looking for that 3rd spot.
Will the Gujarat Giants be able to take revenge for their defeat, or will the Mumbai Indians women prevail and keep their winning streak up? You have to see the match highlights to know that. So without any further ado, let’s get right into it.
Mumbai Indians Women vs. Gujarat Giants Match details
|Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai|
|Date||Tuesday, March 14, 2023|
|Match||Gujarat Giants v Mumbai Indians Women|
|TV Umpire||N Janani|
|Reserve Umpire||Vrinda Rathi|
|Match Referee||Varsha Nagre|
Seems like a replay of the first match. The Gujarat Women won the toss, and they decided to bowl first.
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN||GUJARAT GIANTS|
|Yastika Bhatia||Sophia Dunkley|
|Hayley Matthews||Sabbhineni Meghana|
|Nat Sciver-Brunt||Harleen Deol|
|Harmanpreet Kaur||Annabel Sutherland|
|Amelia Kerr||Ashleigh Gardner|
|Issy Wong||Sneh Rana|
|Humaira Kazi||Dayalan Hemalatha|
|Dhara Gujjar||Sushma Verma|
|Amanjot Kaur||Kim Garth|
|Jintimani Kalita||Tanuja Kanwar|
|Saika Ishaque||Mansi Joshi|
Mumbai Indians women – First innings
- The Mumbai Indians did not run wild, but they did finish with a highly competitive score on the scoreboard.
- Hayley Matthews was out for naught, but Yastika and Sciver-Brunt scored 74 runs for the second wicket.
- Harmanpreet Kaur was given a solid foundation to bat on and delivered with a 29-ball 50.
- Gardner claimed three wickets as Sneh Rana went the way with the ball.
- The giants will enjoy their chances at 163. Yet they’re up against a club that hasn’t lost a game yet.
- Hence, an impressive performance this time.
Gujarat Giants women – Second innings
- Nat Sciver-Brunt got her team off to a flying start, catching Dunkley LBW’s first ball, and MIW never looked back.
- Wickets were falling on frequently, and then when Ash Gardner outside-edged another successfully taken at cover-point, the game was finished.
- From then, the game meandered as both teams played out a predicted ending.
- MIW appears to be a very good team, with batting and bowling cover. Their defense was also perfect tonight, except for one hiccup on the field from Kalita, who let a four drift away.
- Gujarat was never in the hunt and still has a lot of work to do.
- MI Women are the first squad to make the playoffs.
|GG won the toss and chose to field first|
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN 162-8|
|Harmanpreet Kaur 51(30)||Ashleigh Gardner 3-34|
|Yastika Bhatia 44(37)||Sneh Rana 1-17|
|Nat Sciver-Brunt 36(31)||Kim Garth 1-31|
|Tanuja Kanwar 1-32|
|TARGET = 163 runs|
|GUJARAT GIANTS 107-9|
|Harleen Deol 22(23)||Nat Sciver-Brunt 3-21|
|Sneh Rana 20(19)||Hayley Matthews 3-23|
|Sushma Verma 18(19)||Amelia Kerr 2-18|
|Sabbhineni Meghana 16(17)||Issy Wong 1-19|
|RESULT = Mumbai Indians Women won by 55 runs|
|PoM = Harmanpreet Kaur|
Player of the match
AN EXACT REPLAY OF THE FIRST MATCH! Harmanpreet scored 65 runs in the series opener and won the player of the match award. While today, she scored 51 runs and earned this badge for the second time. Maybe this is why they say, “Life runs in circles.”