So, it is a chance for the Royal Challengers Bangalore Women to claim their 1st victory in the tournament. At the same time, the Delhi Capitals Women will look forward to staying in the top 2 on the Women’s Premier League points table. The 11th match of WPL on 13 March 2023 was going to decide what would happen with both teams. Were RCB women able to steal their 1st win, or were DC women able to make RCB lose their 5th match in a row?
RCB women made two changes, Capsey and Reddy came into the squad. The Bangalore girls tried this new combination. But was it helpful? Read this article to find out.
RCB women against Delhi Capitals Women – Match 11 Highlights
|Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai|
|Match||RCB women v DC Women|
|Date||Monday, March 13, 2023|
|TV Umpire||Madanagopal Kuppuraj|
|Reserve Umpire||Sanjay Kumar Singh|
|Match Referee||Anupa Narvekar|
DC women won the toss and chose to bowl first. Things aren’t looking good for the RCB girls since the toss.
|RCB WOMEN||DC WOMEN|
|Smriti Mandhana||Meg Lanning|
|Sophie Devine||Shafali Verma|
|Ellyse Perry||Alice Capsey|
|Heather Knight||Jemimah Rodrigues|
|Richa Ghosh||Marizanne Kapp|
|Shreyanka Patil||Jess Jonassen|
|Disha Kasat||Taniya Bhatia|
|Megan Schutt||Arundhati Reddy|
|Sobhana Asha||Radha Yadav|
|Renuka Singh||Shikha Pandey|
|Preeti Bose||Tara Norris|
Royal Challengers Bangalore Women – 150-4
- That has provided RCB with a significant boost.
- Perry was the main contributor, shooting an undefeated 67.
- Shikha Pandey missed her on the 29, and Perry also let the Delhi side suffer for that.
- Richa Ghosh had a brilliant burst of 37 from 16 balls, and the pair added 74 in rapid succession.
- That duo saved RCB when they lost Smriti and Devine shortly after that, and the pitch’s slowness prompted Perry to play the anchoring position.
- But then Ghosh appeared and shifted the tide.
- Still, they could have done a better job. Let’s see whether they will be able to defend this score or not.
Delhi Capitals Women – 154-4
- Megan Schutt got them off to a great start by obtaining Shafali’s first ball, but Lanning and Capsey responded strongly, with the latter appearing particularly dangerous.
- Once Capsey left, Lanning formed a collaboration with Rodrigues before the Australian was killed.
- The match was in the line when Rodrigues top-edged a sweep, but Kapp and Jonassen exhibited no fear as they led their team home.
- And how important was Kapp’s sprint in getting her across the line whenever a mix-up nearly resulted in a run-out? The game was close, but she remained calm.
- She wins with a six and a four, leaving the RCB winless after five games.
- After the setback, RCB’s aspirations of finishing in the top three are gone, while there is still a technical possibility.
|Dehli Capitals Women won the toss and chose to bowl first.|
|ROYAL CHALLENGERS WOMEN 150-4|
|Ellyse Perry 67(52)||Shikha Pandey 3-23|
|Richa Ghosh 37(16)||Tara Norris 1-25|
|Sophie Devine 21(19)|
|Target = 151 runs|
|DELHI CAPITALS WOMEN 154-4|
|Alice Capsey 38(24)||Sobhana Asha 2-27|
|Jemimah Rodrigues 32(28)||Megan Schutt 1-24|
|Marizanne Kapp 32(32)||Preeti Bose 1-12|
|Jess Jonassen 29(15)|
|RESULT = Delhi Capitals Women won by 6 wickets|
|PoM = Jess Jonassen|
Player of the match
Jess got a well-deserved player of the match award. The situation was difficult, but she managed to slide the team past the 151 runs mark. Her 29 runs from 15 balls were crucial to the victory.