Mumbai Indians and UP Warriorz faced off against each other on 18 March 2023. This will be their second encounter during the tournament. Previously, Mumbai Indians went undefeated and won the match against the UP Warriroz. While UP is heading into this match with a loss. Morale on this side is low. At the same time, Mumbai Indians women will be heading to the ground with hopes of keeping up their winning streak.
Mumbai Indians are at the top of the points table right now. While the UP girls lost their previous match to the RCB women. Both teams will be looking forward to winning this match. Losing this match won’t hurt Mumbai Indians as much as it will hurt the UP girls, so Mumbai Paltan better watch out for this one.
Let’s see how things turned out to be.
Match details – Mumbai Indians Women vs. UP Warriorz Women
|Match 15 – UP Warriorz vs. Mumbai Indians women|
|Date||Saturday, March 18, 2023|
|Venue||Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai|
|TV Umpire||Saurabh Dhote|
|Reserve Umpire||N Janani|
|Match Referee||Varsha Nagre|
UP has won the toss. Things have started good for them. Will they break this winning streak? Well, they have opted to bowl first. Let’s see how they take advantage of this.
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN||UP WARRIORZ|
|Hayley Matthews||Devika Vaidya|
|Yastika Bhatia||Alyssa Healy|
|Nat Sciver-Brunt||Kiran Navgire|
|Harmanpreet Kaur||Tahlia McGrath|
|Amelia Kerr||Grace Harris|
|Issy Wong||Deepti Sharma|
|Amanjot Kaur||Sophie Ecclestone|
|Humaira Kazi||Simran Shaikh|
|Dhara Gujjar||Parshavi Chopra|
|Jintimani Kalita||Anjali Sarvani|
|Saika Ishaque||Rajeshwari Gayakwad|
Mumbai Indians | 127-10
- On this surface that is really not so horrible to bat, 127 is at least 13 runs under average.
- Indeed, there is a certain spin available, but there is also sufficient worth for strikes.
- Healy led the team admirably through. In the powerplay, she had narrow boundaries.
- Ecclestone convinced Sciver-Brunt and Matthews to prevent MI from moving.
- Harman was given to Deepti. MI was in disarray after Rajeshwari took Kerr’s crucial wicket.
- They would have collapsed sooner if it hadn’t been for Wong.
- Seems like the UP women will break Mumbai’s winning streak this season. And thanks to the bowling for that.
UP Warriorz | 129-5
- There was no 127 pitch. MI received beginnings but tossed them away. Ecclestone, Deepti, and Gayakwad worked together to slow down and press on.
- It needed an appearance from Wong to get MI to 127.
- The Warriorz were struggling at 33/3 in the chase, but after being let off the first ball by Yastika, McGrath grabbed impact and fought back to raise the tempo.
- Harris, Deepti, and Ecclestone helped to soothe the jitters and secure two critical points for their team.
|UP Warriorz won the toss and chose to bowl first.|
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN 127-10|
|Hayley Matthews 35(30)||Sophie Ecclestone 3-15|
|Issy Wong 32(19)||Rajeshwari Gayakwad 2-16|
|Harmanpreet Kaur 25(22)||Deepti Sharma 2-35|
|TARGET = 128 runs|
|UP WARRIORZ 129-5|
|Grace Harris 39(28)||Amelia Kerr 2-22|
|Tahlia McGrath 38(25)||Nat Sciver-Brunt 1-24|
|Sophie Ecclestone 16(17)||Hayley Matthews 1-26|
|RESULT = UP Warriorz won by 5 wickets|
|PoM = Deepti Sharma|