If you want to know what happened in the 14th match of WPL between Gujarat Giants and Delhi Capitals women, this is the right place to be. Gujarat Giants have a weaker position on the points table. At the same time, the Delhi Capitals are at the top, along with Mumbai Indian women. Gujarat Giants want the 2 points from today’s match to get a higher standing. At the same time, Delhi Capitals want to win this match to get a ticket straight to the finals.
Were these teams able to get what they wanted from this match? Well, read this article to find out.
Gujarat Giants v Delhi Capitals
|Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai|
|Date||Thursday, March 16, 2023|
|Match||Delhi Capitals women v Gujarat Giants|
|TV Umpire||Chirra Ravikanthreddy|
|Reserve Umpire||Gayathri Venugopalan|
|Match Referee||Rajni Basnet|
Things have started well for the Capital girls. They won the toss and opted to bowl first. Will Gujarat Giants be able to win this contest? Let’s find out.
|GUJARAT GIANTS WOMEN||DELHI CAPITALS WOMEN|
|Sophia Dunkley||Meg Lanning|
|Laura Wolvaardt||Shafali Verma|
|Harleen Deol||Alice Capsey|
|Ashleigh Gardner||Jemimah Rodrigues|
|Dayalan Hemalatha||Marizanne Kapp|
|Ashwani Kumari||Jess Jonassen|
|Sushma Verma||Taniya Bhatia|
|Sneh Rana||Arundhati Reddy|
|Tanuja Kanwar||Radha Yadav|
|Kim Garth||Shikha Pandey|
|Mansi Joshi||Poonam Yadav|
- Gujarat Giants began slowly, yet they’ve performed well to make an impressive total.
- Dunkley left quickly as Kapp tucked her out.
- Wolvaardt and Harleen then batted wisely to help steady the ship.
- They did, however, pass up some exciting prospects. Jonassen beat the latter, but the actual dynamic change came later in the shape of Gardner.
- She was aggressive from the start, which wore off on Wolvaardt.
- The opener established her repertoire and altered gears flawlessly. They scored fast in the middle overs, which allowed them to re-enter the game.
Delhi Capitals women
- Delhi lost Verma during the initial over, as Meg Lanning failed to make a big run.
- Alice Capsey seemed potential, but Jemimah threw her in the water, and the Indian batter was also discharged quickly.
- Marizanne Kapp landed a couple of hard strikes, but she, too, was knocked out by a straight hit.
- The Gujarat Giants’ bowlers hunted in groups, and their top three bowlers each took two wickets, but Arundhati Reddy ultimately frightened them.
- She demonstrated to her top-order counterparts how to hit over the playing area on this surface, hitting four boundaries and reducing it to a run per ball.
- Nevertheless, on her final over, Kim Garth took the decisive wicket, and Ashleigh Gardner went back to finish the job.
- Gujarat has scored a significant victory. And that too against one of the tournament’s top teams so far.
|Delhi Capitals won the toss and chose to bowl first.|
|GUJARAT GIANTS 147-4|
|Laura Wolvaardt 57(45)||Jess Jonassen 2-38|
|Ashleigh Gardner 51(33)||Marizanne Kapp 1-24|
|Harleen Deol 31(33)||Arundhati Reddy 1-25|
|Target = 148 runs|
|DELHI CAPITALS 136-10|
|Marizanne Kapp 36(29)||Kim Garth 2-18|
|Arundhati Reddy 25(17)||Ashleigh Gardner 2-19|
|Alice Capsey 22(11)||Tanuja Kanwar 2-29|
|RESULT = Gujarat Giants won by 11 runs|
|PoM = Ashleigh Gardner|
Player of the match
Ashleigh Gardner deserved this spot with her all-round performance. A quick fifty and impressive bowling figures, what else do you need from a T20 player? That is phenomenal from Ashleigh.