Peshawar Zalmi v Quetta Gladiators match 25 Highlights – PSL 8
It is a do-or-die situation for the Quetta Gladiators. At the same time, they will also want all the other teams, especially Peshawar Zalmi, to lose their matches. Their situation on the points table is also not that great. Especially the Gladiators. They are roaming around at the bottom places. Peshawar has to fight hard not to lose its spot to the Gladiators. At the same time, Quetta will want to get that 4th spot on the HBL PSL 8 points table.
In this article, we will talk about what happened in this match. Did Quetta finally fight back? Or did the Yellow storm take the Gladiators out? LET’S FIND OUT
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Match||Peshawar Zalmi v Quetta Gladiators|
|Date||Wednesday, March 8, 2023|
|TV Umpire||Alex Wharf|
|Reserve Umpire||Nasir Hussain|
|Match Referee||Ali Naqvi|
|PESHAWAR ZALMI||QUETTA GLADIATORS|
|Saim Ayub||Jason Roy|
|Babar Azam||Martin Guptill|
|Rovman Powell||Will Smeed|
|Tom Kohler-Cadmore||Mohammad Hafeez|
|Mohammad Haris||Mohammad Nawaz|
|Haseebullah Khan||Iftikhar Ahmed|
|Aamer Jamal||Umar Akmal|
|Wahab Riaz||Dwaine Pretorius|
|Azmatullah Omarzai||Naseem Shah|
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman||Mohammad Hasnain|
|Arshad Iqbal||Aimal Khan|
Peshawar won the toss, and they decided to bat first. It seems like a “Yellow storm” is coming.
- The Gladiators will rue lost opportunities, particularly losing Ayub on 6, after which he went on the attack and scored 162 for the first wicket with Babar Azam.
- The Zalmi skipper appeared to be in another zone entirely, with quality seeping out of every shot, combined, they drove the Gladiators tired, and Powell treated himself to a carefree appearance.
- But the night belongs to Babar, who scored his eighth T20 century.
- It’s a game for Quetta, and they’re down by 241.
|PESHAWAR ZALMI 240-2|
|Babar Azam 115(65)||Dwaine Pretorius 1-40|
|Saim Ayub 74(34)|
|Rovman Powell 35(18)|
- Chasing 241, Roy intended to make a mark from the first ball, and despite Guptill’s early departure, he was the initiator in the 109-run partnership with Smeed, who battled to be fair.
- But when Hafeez appeared, it was back to monstrous striking as the veteran Professor assumed the aggressor’s position.
- Meanwhile, Roy reached his hundred and saw Hafeez draw closer to his line.
- Finally, Roy finished the match with such a hold-your-stance arced shot over long-off.
- Peshawar was just demolished tonight.
- Nothing they did worked versus Roy, who smashed the ball hard, long, and clean for most games.
|QUETTA GLADIATORS 243-2|
|Jason Roy 145(63)*||Mujeeb Ur Rahman 1-38|
|Mohammad Hafeez 41(18)*||Wahab Riaz 1-56|
|Will Smeed 26(22)|
Man of the match
Do you even want to read this section to know who THE MAN OF THE MATCH is? Of course, it was JASON ROY. Scoring 145 runs from just 63 balls was such a herculean task. More than 480 runs were scored today, and his 145 runs had an impact.