Islamabad United and Lahore Qalandars will play the 26th match on 9 March 2023. They are the best teams so far. Lahore Qalandars are the defending champions, while Islamabad United have justified their 2 PSL titles with their performance. Lahore Qalandars are at the top of the points table with 12 points and an NRR of 0.938. Whereas the United have the same points, but they have lower NRR than the Qalandars. Are you excited to know what happened between these top dogs of PSL 2023?
Islamabad United did a successful run-chase in their previous match with the Sultans. It was a challenging target of over 200, but they crossed it. So they will be entering the match with high morale. But, the Qalandars lost their previous match against the Zalmis. Let’s see how this match turned out.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Match||Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars|
|Date||Thursday, March 9, 2023|
|TV Umpire||Ahsan Raza|
|Reserve Umpire||Nasir Hussain|
|Match Referee||Roshan Mahanama|
The defending champs won the toss, and they decided to bat first.
|LAHORE QALANDARS||ISLAMABAD UNITED|
|Abdullah Shafique||Rahmanullah Gurbaz|
|Fakhar Zaman||Alex Hales|
|Kamran Ghulam||Colin Munro|
|Sam Billings||Shadab Khan|
|Sikandar Raza||Mubasir Khan|
|David Wiese||Asif Ali|
|Rashid Khan||Faheem Ashraf|
|Hussain Talat||Hasan Ali|
|Shaheen Shah Afridi||Mohammad Wasim|
|Haris Rauf||Fazalhaq Farooqi|
|Zaman Khan||Azam Khan|
- Another boring track and tonight was Fakhar Zaman’s concert.
- He made his opponents pay after getting down on 1 and 71.
- He struck cleanly and responded well to both spin and tempo. Shadab was not allowed to settle and was driven out of the game.
- How Islamabad will rue the two missed opportunities, both of which were straightforward.
- Billings kept Fakhar company, and the pair went wild in the middle overs.
- Fakhar was given out LBW shortly before his hundred, but the ball was thrown a centimetre outside the leg stump to rescue him. He deservedly reached his ton
|LAHORE QALANDARS 226-5|
|Fakhar Zaman 115(57)||Fazalhaq Farooqi 3-40|
|Kamran Ghulam 41(30)||Hasan Ali 1-33|
|Sam Billings 32(22)||Mohammad Wasim 1-48|
- The 119-run margin of victory was also the greatest in PSL history.
- This is a no-brainer, unlike yesterday night when Jason Roy delivered one of the all-time great T20 centuries. Islamabad, on the other hand, is bowled out for 107 in 15.1 overs.
- Hales and Gurbaz were crucial; after they left, the remainder folded.
- Hales and Hasan Ali each scored 18 points. Azam Khan, who injured his left hand during keeping, couldn’t use his bat, which was a significant setback.
- But Islamabad was never in the hunt. Rashid Khan had a four-for, and the rest just performed their duties. Lahore wins with a bang.
|ISLAMABAD UNITED 107-10|
|Hasan Ali 18(13)||Rashid Khan 4-21|
|Alex Hales 18(16)||Zaman Khan 2-17|
|Rahmanullah Gurbaz 15(15)||Haris Rauf 2-16|
Man of the match
Another day, another century! Fakhar Zaman for you, friends. FAKHAR ZAMAN. He finally decided to score those runs and get the scoreboard to go crazy. If not for him, this wouldn’t have been easy for the Qalandars. Another great victory for the Qalandars over the United.