So it is Royal Challengers Bangalore Women versus UP Warriorz today. The 8th match was played on 10 March 2023 at Brabourne Stadium. The situation with the RCB women so far is dire. They haven’t won a single match. They were looking forward to winning this match today, but could they do that? On the other hand, the UP Warriorz was looking forward to grabbing these 2 points to strengthen their position on the WPL Points table.
We will see in this article that the Warriorz dropped Grace today. It was surprising as Grace was doing well for the team.
Hey, I am giving away too much here. Go on and read the article to know what happened in this match.
Match details – WPL 2023 Match number 8
|Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
|RCB Women v UP Warriorz
|Friday, March 10, 2023
The RCB girls won the toss, and they chose to bat first. Let’s see how they batted in this match.
- After 8 overs, they were 72/1 and looking poised for a huge score. Nevertheless, RCB crashed to be wiped out for 138, not quite completing the full 20 overs.
- Ecclestone began the collapse by dismissing the threatening Sophie Devine, and the wickets just kept falling from there, with Sharma and Ecclestone bowling superbly.
- Heather Knight’s elimination was also a significant setback, given her performance in this tournament.
- Ellyse Perry batted well for fifty but was slowed by the rush of wickets, finally succumbing to a mistimed slog-sweep in the closing overs.
- To justify themselves, RCB must make a big attempt with the ball.
- In addition to RCB’s bowling suffering, the batting as well, having been knocked out inside 20 overs thrice in 3 matches.
- 138 was not even going to be a challenge, and UP Warriorz made quick work of it.
- Alyssa Healy had not scored runs in the prior two games, and pursuing a low total enabled her to be patient, which she didn’t need as she hit fifty off 29 balls, the highest score in the tournament.
- Devika Vaidya elevated the order and flawlessly played a secondary role, rotating the strike and picking up the occasional boundary.
- This was a poor show from RCB for 4th time in a row. They have to buck up.
|RCB women won the toss and chose to bat first.
|ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE WOMEN 138-10
|Ellyse Perry 52(39)
|Sophie Ecclestone 4-13
|Sophie Devine 36(24)
|Deepti Sharma 3-26
|Shreyanka Patil 15(10)
|Rajeshwari Gayakwad 1-26
|Target = 139 runs
|UP WARRIORZ 139-0
|Alyssa Healy 96(47)
|Heather Knight 0-9
|Devika Vaidya 36(31)
|Ellyse Perry 0-17
|RESULT = UP Warriorz won by 10 wickets
|PoM = Alyssa Healy
Player of the match
It is not easy to bowl out the entire team at 138. And for that, Sophie takes the credit. But the player of the match award goes to Alyssa. Her blazing batting show at Braboure sailed the team to win by 10 wickets. 96 off of 47 deliveries is amazing.