Gujarat Giants v Delhi Capitals Women Match 9 Highlights – WPL
The 9th match of the Women’s Premier League was played on 11 March 2023. It was a clash between the Gujarat Giants and Delhi Capitals women. The Giants recently won their first match. At the same time, the Delhi Capitals women are strong on the WPL points table. They rank 2nd so far. Gujarat Giants were looking for another win, while the DC women did not look in the mood to give their strong position up.
Were Gujarat Giants able to win this match? Or did the Delhi Capitals women strengthen their position on the table? If you want to know more about what happened in the match, read this short article.
Gujarat Giants versus DC Women – Details
|DELHI CAPITALS WOMEN V GUJARAT GIANTS WOMEN|
|Date||Saturday, March 11, 2023|
|Venue||Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai|
|Sanjay Kumar Singh|
|TV Umpire||Vrinda Rathi|
|Reserve Umpire||Madanagopal Kuppuraj|
|Match Referee||GS Lakshmi|
The Giants Women won the toss and chose to bat first. Let’s see how they can reproduce the performance from their previous match.
|GUJARAT GIANTS WOMEN||DELHI CAPITALS WOMEN|
|Sabbhineni Meghana||Meg Lanning|
|Laura Wolvaardt||Shafali Verma|
|Harleen Deol||Jemimah Rodrigues|
|Ashleigh Gardner||Laura Harris|
|Dayalan Hemalatha||Marizanne Kapp|
|Georgia Wareham||Jess Jonassen|
|Sushma Verma||Taniya Bhatia|
|Sneh Rana||Shikha Pandey|
|Tanuja Kanwar||Minnu Mani|
|Kim Garth||Radha Yadav|
|Mansi Joshi||Tara Norris|
- The Delhi Capitals Ladies have limited their rivals to a meagre total.
- Kapp was fantastic with the new ball, taking early wickets with her crisp nip-backers and putting the opponents under immense strain.
- Lanning gave her a prolonged stint, and Kapp assured of getting her fifth wicket in her penultimate over.
- Harleen, Wareham, and Garth contributed useful runs to push the squad aggregate over the 100-run line.
- With the Capitals’ hitting lineup, this is not likely to be sufficient.
- Shika’s 3 wickets also played a huge role in Gujarat Giants’ performance.
Delhi Capitals Women
- Shafali Verma goes undefeated on 76 off 28 balls after hammering the Gujarat Giants to death.
- The goal wasn’t a large one to start with, but DC annihilated it in only 7.1 overs, with Shafali reaching 50 off just 19 balls and then hitting another even higher speed after reaching the landmark.
- The young Indian opener’s striking was just outstanding.
- Nevertheless, as simple as it may seem, don’t overlook Marizanne Kapp’s magnificent five-for earlier in the evening.
- She let the ball speak on a bowlers pitch and sliced through Gujarat, who may regret their choice to bat first, despite Sneh Rana’s protests.
|Gujarat Giants won the toss and chose to bat first|
|GUJARAT GIANTS 105-9|
|Kim Garth 32(37)||Marizanne Kapp 5-15|
|Georgia Wareham 22(25)||Shikha Pandey 3-26|
|Harleen Deol 20(14)||Radha Yadav 1-19|
|TARGET = 106 runs|
|DELHI CAPITALS WOMEN 109-0|
|Shafali Verma 76(28)||No bowler took a wicket|
|Meg Lanning 21(15)|
|RESULT = Delhi Capitals women won by 10 wickets|
|PoM = Marizanne Kapp|
Player of the match
It takes a damn good performance to restrict a team under 120 in a T20 game. And this is exactly what the DC girls did. And it couldn’t have been possible without the 5-fer from Kapp. Hence, she got this player of the match award for her bowling figure of 5-15.