The 13th Women’s Premier League match was played between UP Warriorz and the RCB women. UP Warriorz will look forward to an easy win since the RCB women haven’t won a game yet. But simultaneously, it is stupid to presume things in a T20 match as anything can happen. Were the RCB women able to snatch their first win away from the UP girls, or will the UP team continue to win? Let’s find out in this match.
Watch the updated WPL points table.
UP has a balanced squad, while RCB is struggling with the bat. They need their batters to back their bowlers up with solid performance.
UP Warriorz v RCB women
|MATCH 13 – RCB v UP
|Wednesday, March 15, 2023
|Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
|RCB Women v UP Warriorz
|Sanjay Kumar Singh
|UP WARRIORZ WOMEN
|ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE WOMEN
- RCB’s bowling efficiency is outstanding. But, it might have been much better if they had hung on to their opportunities.
- Devine, bowling for the first time, dismissed the openers in the first over, and Schutt followed with the wicket of McGrath.
- After the powerplay, Asha hit twice more, reducing UPW to 31/5. RCB gave them the leash by dropping Deepti and Richa after they missed a stumping of Harris
- The two scored 69 runs rapidly to get UPW back into the game.
- Perry returned the couple in three balls, ensuring that RCB reduced UPW to an inferior total.
- Will this be RCB women’s first victory?
- UP Warriorz used to spin in all except one of the overs. They started well, with Sophie Devine lofting out in the deep, scoring four and six in that over.
- Deepti Sharma mopped up Smriti Mandhana without activating her bank, extending her dry stretch. Heather Knight and Ellyse Perry held the innings together for a while, but both gave it up after putting their eyes in.
- RCB, on the other hand, discovered a heroine in Kanika Ahuja, who utilized her feet to launch an assault on the Warriorz.
- She played fiercely and always maintained one step ahead of the barrier.
- While Ahuja fell four runs of her fifty, her efforts had put RCB in a secure position. Richa Ghosh then closed it off with several lusty strikes, giving RCB their first win
|RCB Women won the toss and chose to bowl first.
|UP WARRIORZ WOMEN 135-10
|Grace Harris 46(32)
|Ellyse Perry 3-16
|Kiran Navgire 22(26)
|Sophie Devine 2-23
|Sophie Ecclestone 12(9)
|Sobhana Asha 2-27
|Megan Schutt 1-21
|TARGET = 136 runs
|RCB WOMEN 136-5
|Kanika Ahuja 46(30)
|Deepti Sharma 2-26
|Richa Ghosh 31(32)
|Sophie Ecclestone 1-20
|Heather Knight 24(21)
|Sophie Ecclestone 1-28
|RESULT = RCB Women won by five wickets
|PoM = Kanika Ahuja