WPL 2023: UP Warriorz v Mumbai Indians Women Match 10 Highlights
UP Warriorz and Mumbai Indians Women played the 10th match of the tournament on 12 March 2023. What a match it was for the Mumbai Indians team. They won their 4th match in a row, giving UP Warriorz a tough time. But it was all due to the heroics of Harmanpreet again. She is the key player for the Mumbai Indians women. Want to know more about what happened in this match? Continue scrolling.
UP Warriorz stood third on the points table. They wanted to grab those two points after this match but couldn’t carry the momentum from their previous match. Mumbai Paltan, on the other hand, managed to dominate the match as they have been since day one.
Let’s see more of what happened in this match.
Mumbai Indians women versus UP Warriorz – Match 10
|UP Warriorz v Mumbai Indians Women|
|Date||Sunday, March 12, 2023|
|Venue||Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai|
|TV Umpire||Chirra Ravikanthreddy|
|Reserve Umpire||Ranjeev Sharma|
|Match Referee||Rajni Basnet|
UP won the toss, and they chose to bat first. That was a good decision, but could they capitalize on it? Let’s find out.
|UP WARRIORZ||MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN|
|Alyssa Healy||Hayley Matthews|
|Devika Vaidya||Yastika Bhatia|
|Kiran Navgire||Nat Sciver-Brunt|
|Tahlia McGrath||Harmanpreet Kaur|
|Simran Shaikh||Amelia Kerr|
|Sophie Ecclestone||Dhara Gujjar|
|Deepti Sharma||Issy Wong|
|Shweta Sehrawat||Humaira Kazi|
|Shabnim Ismail||Amanjot Kaur|
|Anjali Sarvani||Jintimani Kalita|
|Rajeshwari Gayakwad||Saika Ishaque|
UP Warriorz – WPL 2023
- The MI bowlers produced a few clean overs with the new ball, but Healy got through those opening overs before turning gears.
- After she got the hang of it, Healy began receiving boundaries at periodic intervals and accumulated a wonderful fifty.
- Tahlia McGrath and the skipper batted brilliantly together, adding 82 runs for the third wicket.
- When UP appeared to be overwhelming the competition, MI took a step back. Saika Ishaque removed Healy and McGrath in a single over as the run pace dropped, and UP failed to complete their innings.
- Let’s see how Mumbai Indians girls dominated in the second innings.
Mumbai Indians women – Dominating again
- Let’s start with the batting; Harmanpreet was pretty amazing. Her quick 50 runs made it clear who was on top.
- Hayley got out early, but Nat and Yastika steered the team towards a solid start. They laid the foundation for a successful run chase.
- However, Gayakwad got Yastika out when she was 42. Her quick 42 runs made the Mumbai team stand strong.
- After this, it was easy for Harmanpreet and Nat to finish the game, enabling Mumbai Indians Women to win by a huge margin of 8 wickets. This strengthened their position on the points table.
- Only Sophie and Rajeshwari were able to take wickets for the UP women. Overall, it was an average performance from their bowlers. They failed to take wickets which caused the team to lose.
Match summary – UPW v MIW
|UP won the toss and chose to bat first|
|UP WARRIORZ 159-6|
|Alyssa Healy 58(46)||Saika Ishaque 3-33|
|Tahlia McGrath 50(37)||Amelia Kerr 2-33|
|Kiran Navgire 17(14)||Hayley Matthews 1-27|
|TARGET 160 runs|
|MUMBAI INDIANS WOMEN 164-2|
|Harmanpreet Kaur 53(33)||Sophie Ecclestone 1-30|
|Nat Sciver-Brunt 45(31)||Rajeshwari Gayakwad 1-33|
|Yastika Bhatia 42(27)|
|RESULT = Mumbai Indians Women won by 8 wickets|
|PoM = Harmanpreet Kaur|
Player of the match
Harmanpreet does it again for the Mumbai Paltan. Her 53 runs off of mm deliver steered the team to an easy win. The target wasn’t difficult, but it wasn’t easy peasy either. But she made it look easy.