After Peshawar Zalmi hammered the defending champions, the Rawalpindi cricket stadium witnessed another exciting and sensational match. It was Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United. What a chase it was! This PSL 8 is great at breaking stereotypes. People used to think Pakistanis could not chase. But this has been something different.
Not only are there high-scoring matches, but these high targets are being chased down successfully. This is something great for the Pakistan cricket team as well. These same players can go and make the country proud globally.
Check out HBL PSL 9 Live score here.
Islamabad and Multan are high up there on the points table. They are the best teams so far. If you do not want to miss exciting matches like these, click here. But if you only want to know what happened during match 24, continue reading.
Match 24 details
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Date||Tuesday, March 7, 2023|
|Match||Islamabad United v Multan Sultans|
|TV Umpire||Alex Wharf|
|Reserve Umpire||Nasir Hussain|
|Match Referee||Roshan Mahanama|
The United won the toss, and they chose to bowl first. Seems like they were confident in chasing anything that came.
|MULTAN SULTANS||ISLAMABAD UNITED|
|Shan Masood||Rahmanullah Gurbaz|
|Mohammad Rizwan||Alex Hales|
|Rilee Rossouw||Colin Munro|
|Tim David||Shadab Khan|
|David Miller||Mubasir Khan|
|Kieron Pollard||Azam Khan|
|Anwar Ali||Asif Ali|
|Usama Mir||Faheem Ashraf|
|Abbas Afridi||Mohammad Wasim|
|Mohammad Ilyas||Rumman Raees|
- Shan Masood didn’t appear to be in terrific form, but Rizwan made sure they continued scoring on the powerplay.
- However, he could not continue since Shadab quickly caught up with him.
- Masood gained a lot of confidence and batted a solid hand as he spent more time at the wicket before being removed for 65. Tim David, on the other hand, was the show’s headliner.
- He ripped through Islamabad’s pace bowlers and scored with ease.
- In the 16th over, he hit four consecutive sixes, scoring 30 runs. David was removed for a 27-ball 60 after some brilliant bowling in the final two overs.
|MULTAN SULTANS 205-5|
|Shan Masood 75(50)||Shadab Khan 2-26|
|Tim David 60(27)||Mohammad Wasim 2-48|
|Mohammad Rizwan 33(18)||Faheem Ashraf 1-38|
- Earlier, Hales looked threatening but was bowled out by Anwar Ali’s slower ball, which also claimed Gurbaz’s wicket.
- Colin Munro and Shadab Khan formed a solid combo, with the left-hander appearing particularly dangerous.
- Then Munro was bowled by Usama Mir, and the vital wicket of Azam Khan was taken quickly on by the legspinner, and the game appeared to be heading Multan’s way.
- Before leaving, Asif Ali stepped out and barely squeaked out another partnership with Shadab.
- Ihsanullah produced a fantastic last two overs, dismissing Shadab and Mubasir, Faheem, who had been there for a long time, remained firm and guided his team to victory.
- 30 was required off two overs and 18 off the last one.
- Mohammad Ilyas began with a broad, a fortunate under-edge, and a magnificent shot that crossed the line and got it down to changing area before a pair of unusual blunders from Miller and Pollard deflated Multan as Faheem ended it in fashion with a ball remaining
|ISLAMABAD UNITED 209-8|
|Faheem Ashraf 51(26)||Anwar Ali 3-33|
|Shadab Khan 44(25)||Ihsanullah 2-35|
|Colin Munro 40(21)||Usama Mir 2-38|
Player of the match
What an all-around performance from Faheem Ashraf. Trust me, guys. This man can do both things like a specialist. A well-deserved award. meanwhile We will updating Latest About PSL 2024 as well.