Netherlands vs South Africa is a match you will be interested to see for sure. Some people may say it is an obvious thing that South Africa is going to win it. But can you claim anything after that England vs Afghanistan match? Read the match predictions, highlights and other good stuff in this article. The ball-by-ball commentary will be under this article on the match date.
The Netherlands is having a bad tournament so far. They haven’t been able to win any match. They only went close to winning a game when they bowled out Pakistan under 290.
South Africa has become the strongest team in this Cricket World Cup. They are scoring runs, they are bowling teams out, and they are good at fielding. This will be a tough match for the Dutch.
|Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala|
|Match||South Africa vs Netherlands|
|Position on the points table||Netherlands = -1.800|
South Africa = 2.360
|Match time||2 pm IST|
|Date||17 October 2023|
South Africa is going to win it. This is not going to be an easy match for the Dutch. South Africa has the match winners, and most of the squad is in form. If someone doesn’t perform, the other team is quick to fill in, and score runs or take wickets.
Quinton de Kock and Co are in red hot form. They are scoring runs. Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will not leave any ball; the bat’s sound is as sweet as the sparrows chirping on a sunny day.
The Dutch new ball attack can bring good results. This specific encounter will be interesting to witness.
In the World Cup 2023, South Africa and the Netherlands will play a major cricket match. It’s a big game, and the fans are pumped. The good thing is that you don’t have to be there to watch it. The entire game is available on the internet! Many websites allow you to view the game live as if you were there.
At home, you may watch on your computer or television. You may still watch on your phone or tablet outside or with friends. Remember to have some munchies on hand, such as popcorn or chips. It’s like taking a piece of the big game with you everywhere. Grab a comfortable seat, invite your friends to watch with you, and enjoy cheering for your favorite team!
The pitch favors seamers more. But the fact is that the curators are making more batting-friendly surfaces for the tournament. However, you can only do so much. The Pacers get the best results. So get ready to see the ball dance. This is a low-scoring pitch. The average score here in the ODIs since 2015 is 178.
The rain ruined the play a lot. The match was being delayed here and there, courtesy of the overcast conditions of Himachal Pradesh. The match was reduced to 43 overs. However, the Netherlands was sure to pack a lot of entertainment.
South Africa won the toss, and they chose to bowl first. This is one of the only pitches where seamers will get much help.
|Temba Bavuma||Max O’Dowd|
|Quinton de Kock||Vikramjit Singh|
|Rassie van der Dussen||Colin Ackermann|
|Aiden Markram||Bas de Leede|
|Heinrich Klaasen||Teja Nidamanuru|
|David Miller||Scott Edwards|
|Marco Jansen||Logan van Beek|
|Gerald Coetzee||Roelof van der Merwe|
|Keshav Maharaj||Aryan Dutt|
|Kagiso Rabada||Paul van Meekeren|
|Lungi Ngidi||Sybrand Engelbrecht|
First innings – Netherlands
|NETHERLANDS 245-8 (43 overs)|
|Scott Edwards 78 (69)||Marco Jansen 2-27|
|Roelof van der Merwe 29 (19)||Kagiso Rabada 2-56|
|Roelof van der Merwe 23 (9)||Lungi Ngidi 2-57|
|TARGET||246 runs in 43 overs|
- South Africa started strongly, cutting their opponents to 50/4 and 80/5, but it was the Edwards show from there.
- With cameos from van der Merwe and Aryan Dutt at the end, the Netherlands skipper held one end up and drove South Africa weary.
- Earlier, swing was available for new-ball bowlers, but Ngidi and Gerald Coetzee bowled much too short. South Africa took wickets when the ball was pitched up.
- South Africa’s fielding was also surprisingly sloppy and lazy, particularly in the final few overs.
- South Africa’s bowlers lacked the discipline to bowl on a good pitch for seamers.
- The Netherlands will be pleased with their performance and legitimately think they have a chance to achieve something exceptional in this game.
Second Innings – South Africa
|SOUTH AFRICA 207-10 (42.5 overs)|
|David Miller 43 (52)||Logan van Beek 3-60|
|Keshav Maharaj 40 (37)||Roelof van der Merwe 2-34|
|Heinrich Klaasen 28 (28)||Bas de Leede 2-36|
|RESULT||The Dutch won by 38 runs|
- SA’s chase ended up rocky, losing four wickets in the opening ten overs. The Dutch spin made things difficult for the South African hitters.
- They were restrained. Aryan Dutt began with a maiden over. RVM then entered the scene with the ball, and just as with the bat, he physically and symbolically flipped the game on its head.
- The captain of the Netherlands deserves credit for playing the role of saviour with the bat and being one step ahead with his manoeuvres on the field.
- The Netherlands have defeated a Test-playing nation in a 50 Overs World Cup for the first time.
Player of the match
The captain played a captain’s knock tonight. This wasn’t an easy one to begin with. Lost early wickets and a lot of support for the seamers. This was the perfect time to anchor the innings and put some runs on the board. Netherlands boys have shown that they shouldn’t be taken lightly. The driving force, the man of the match behind all of this is none other than Scott Edwards.