Lahore Qalandars won the opening match of HBL PSL 8 against the Multan Sultans. What a banger that was! The Qalandars won by one run. Can the series opener be any more exciting? Well, that was match 1. Today, on 4 March 2023, they are facing off against each other again in the 20th match of PSL 8. If you cannot see this match live, don’t worry. We got you covered. In this article, we will discuss the match 20 highlights. Or, if you want to check out the PSL 8 live score, you can head out here.
The situation on the points table is also a bit interesting. Multan Sultans, who started strong, are in the second spot, while the Lahore Qalandars stand at the top, just like the defending champions should. It will be interesting to see who will get the 2 points. Will the Sultans get them and be equal with the defending champs, or will the Qalandars get ahead of everyone else with their 12 points? Read this article to know more.
|GADDAFI STADIUM LAHORE|
|Match||Lahore Qalandars v Multan Sultans|
|Date||Saturday, March 4, 2023|
|TV Umpire||Ahsan Raza|
|Reserve Umpire||Shozab Raza|
|Match Referee||Muhammad Javed|
The hosts won the toss and chose to bat first.
|LAHORE QALANDARS||MULTAN SULTANS|
|Shaheen Shah Afridi||
- Lahore ended up losing a wicket during the initial over, but then Shafique and Mirza Baig partnered.
- The pair were playing brilliantly, but the man in rhythm, Ihsanullah, ended the partnership with a superb bouncer in the last powerplay over.
- Billings joined Shafique to form a new collaboration in Lahore.
- Pollard stepped into the assault and removed both set batsmen in consecutive overs, so the earlier reached a fifty, and the latter fell two short.
- Raza looked to make another appearance, but Multan Sultans responded forcefully with a rush of wickets in the last overs.
|LAHORE QALANDARS 180-9|
|Sam Billings 54(35)||Anwar Ali 2-21|
|Abdullah Shafique 48(35)||Kieron Pollard 2-16|
|Mirza Baig 17(11)||Ihsanullah 2-33|
- What a bowling performance it has been from Rashid Khan. Lahore has successfully restricted the Sultans and defeated them by 21 runs.
- The openers got the Sultans off to a good start. However, that was the only time they looked like they were in it.
- Usama Mir was elevated to the top of the order when Masood was out in the seventh over, ahead of batsmen like Rossouw and Miller.
- The strategy failed, as the visitors were unable to catch pace with the necessary increasing rate and so continued to lose wickets at critical points in the game.
- Rashid Khan took three of the first five wickets and only gave up 15 runs in four overs.
|MULTAN SULTANS 159-7|
|Kieron Pollard 39(28)||Rashid Khan 3-15|
|Mohammad Rizwan 30(27)||Haris Rauf 1-30|
|Shan Masood 19(20)||Zaman Khan 1-23|
Man of the match
The mystery man from Afghanistan was truly unplayable today. What a performance! He deserves this award.