Multan Sultans v Quetta Gladiators, WHAT A SHOW! There were some new records today. This season is getting interesting day by day. Previously, Multan Sultans chased down a hard total. And the Gladiators have also gotten their form back. They are back like cornered tigers. Unfortunately, it is too late for the Gladiators as they cannot return to the PSL 8 points table as they should have.
In this match, both teams collectively made more than 550 runs. While the Sultans made the HIGHEST T20 TOTAL EVER IN PAKISTAN. Making this match’s highlights was a tough job. I mean, 550 runs in a single match! Each ball was a highlight. 91 runs in the powerplay alone need a separate article.
However, in this article, we will talk about the match overall. So let’s begin.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Match||Multan Sultans v Quetta Gladiators|
|Date||Saturday, March 11, 2023|
|Reserve Umpire||Nasir Hussain|
|Match Referee||Ali Naqvi|
Gladiators won the toss and chose to field first. Why am I getting nostalgic for saying that?
|MULTAN SULTANS||QUETTA GLADIATORS|
|Usman Khan||Jason Roy|
|Mohammad Rizwan||Martin Guptill|
|Rilee Rossouw||Omair Yousuf|
|Tim David||Mohammad Hafeez|
|Kieron Pollard||Mohammad Nawaz|
|Khushdil Shah||Iftikhar Ahmed|
|Anwar Ali||Umar Akmal|
|Usama Mir||Qais Ahmad|
|Abbas Afridi||Umaid Asif|
First innings – Multan Sultans
- Multan gave Usman Khan a shot at the highest position in the hierarchy, and it was a stroke of genius. Usman blasted a dazzling ton and completely surprised everyone.
- A few of his shots versus spinners were just amazing.
- He simply didn’t hold back and finished a fantasy ton.
- Multan were 156/0 after 10 overs, and 300 looked conceivable, but Quetta fought back with a few economical overs and wickets to down the rate.
- Naveen-ul-Haq and Umaid Asif employed cutters into the field to hold Tim David and Pollard silent, as only 51 runs came off the final five overs.
- Even yet, 262 is not hunted every night. Let’s see if the opposition can always chase the highest total in Pakistan.
|MULTAN SULTANS 262-3|
|Usman Khan 120(43)||Qais Ahmad 2-77|
|Mohammad Rizwan 55(29)||Mohammad Nawaz 1-50|
|Tim David 43(25)|
Second innings – Quetta Gladiators
- Multan was able to defend 262. Another great game if you enjoy big-hitting. In retrospect, Jason Roy’s early departure was the deciding factor.
- Who knows what might have occurred if he had been there?
- Omair Yousuf and Iftikhar Ahmed lit a tiny hope with a 104-run fourth-wicket partnership, and after they left, Umar Akmal looked threatening, but Abbas Afridi struck a hat-trick on the way to a fifer to finish the game out.
- Throughout that encounter between Yousuf and Iftikhar, Rizwan proceeded with the leg-break bowlers. The spinners barely squeaked out a few valuable dots, particularly to the latter, which proved crucial towards the game’s conclusion.
- Doesnt happens every day when you score 253 in a T20 game and still lose. PSL is one of the best T20 leagues for a reason.
|QUETTA GLADIATORS 253-8|
|Omair Yousuf 67(36)||Abbas Afridi 5-47|
|Iftikhar Ahmed 53(31)||Ihsanullah 2-58|
|Martin Guptill 37(14)||Anwar Ali 1-48|
|Umar Akmal 28(10)|
Man of the match
Surprisingly, Abbas Afridi gets the man of the match award for picking up a 5-fer. I feel like it should have been Usman. But you gotta give props to the bowler as well. Taking 5 wickets on a surface where 550 runs were made on a single day is NOT A JOKE.