PSL 8: Quetta Gladiators v Karachi Kings Match 22 – 2023 Highlights
Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings, match 22 was played on 6 March 2023. This is their second encounter after the 6th match of HBL PSL 8. Before this match, their standings on the points table are pretty disappointing. Both of these teams used to be the best in PSL. But now, they stand at the bottom of the PSL 8 points table. Both teams will be looking forward to gaining some confidence after this match. Will Quetta break their losing streak, or will the Karachi Kings win this match? Let’s see the match highlights to know what the situation is for both of these teams.
You can also watch the live score here
If you want to watch the live streaming of PSL 8, click here.
The match will start at 7 pm. Do not forget the live streaming as well.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Match||Quetta Gladiators v Karachi Kings|
|Date||Monday, March 6, 2023|
|TV Umpire||Faisal Afridi|
|Reserve Umpire||Mohammad Asif|
|Match Referee||Roshan Mahanama|
Quetta won the toss, and they decided to bowl first.
|KARACHI KINGS||QUETTA GLADIATORS|
- The match started very well for the Gladiators. They picked the first wicket from the very first ball. What do they call it? The royal duck? Or the Platinum duck? I don’t know what it is, but Naseem strikes on the first delivery and puts Quetta on the path to victory.
- It was only Adam who could put a good total on the scoreboard. Other than him, wickets fell consecutively, and batsmen couldn’t contribute much to the scorecard.
- In the end, the skipper and Aamer scored some quick runs and drove the Kings to a score of 164.
- Naseem and Aimal were the star bowlers. They both bagged 2 wickets. However, Nawaz proved economical and only gave away 22 runs while picking up a crucial wicket from Shoaib Malik.
- Now, the Gladiators had to chase down this target of 165.
|KARACHI KINGS 164-6|
|Adam Rossington 69(45)||Aimal Khan 2-26|
|Imad Wasim 30(20)||Naseem Shah 2-31|
|Aamer Yamin 23(11)||Mohammad Nawaz 1-22|
- Things didn’t start well for the Gladiators as they lost their first wicket in 2nd over.
- It was a complete collapse from the middle order
- If not for the innings of Guptil, Quetta would be in hot waters.
- Guptil carried the bat and scored innings of 86 off of 56 to carry the team to victory.
- Notably, the skipper played the role of the anchor at the end, giving Guptil the leeway to score runs fearlessly.
- Among the bowlers, only Shamsi proved to be effective.
- Karachi Kings couldn’t break their losing streak, while Quetta managed to get a win after a long time.
|QUETTA GLADIATORS 168-6|
|Martin Guptill 86(56)||Tabraiz Shamsi 2-20|
|Sarfaraz Ahmed 29(25)||Aamer Yamin 1-21|
Player of the match
It is Martin Guptil again! If not for his batting display, there is no way Quetta would win this match. This match seems like an action replay of the previous encounter between Karachi and Quetta. Like before, it is the man, myth, and legend – MARTIN GUPTIL.