Australia and India will play their 1st match of this World Cup on 8 October 2023. Can you believe it? The hosts will play their opening match two days after the tournament has started. This is going to be a wild ride. Will you join us on this journey? If yes, wait a few seconds because the video takes time to load. We will add it here under this paragraph. Also, do not forget to read the live blog at the end of this article. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN TOGETHER.
India entered this World Cup after they enjoyed an exciting Asia Cup. They won the title and are in their top form. The batters, the bowlers, and the all-rounders. It wouldn’t be wrong to say India has one of the best teams ever. Shubhman Gill may not play since he is recovering from Dengue fever.
Australia did lose their ODI series against South Africa and India. However, they picked up their form at the right time. Glen Maxwell has shifted his gears, and Mitchel Starc is up to no good. This match is going to be exciting.
Match details – India vs Australia CWC 2023
|MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai|
|Match||India vs Australia|
|Match days||8 October 2023|
|TV Umpire||Chris Brown|
|Reserve Umpire||Adrian Holdstock|
|Match Referee||Richie Richardson|
Live streaming – IND v AUS Cricket World Cup 2023
Fans in India and Australia, why would you even want to watch the live streaming? You can safely travel to India and watch all the matches from the stadium. Wouldn’t that be great?
The harsh reality is not everyone can fit into those massive stadiums. And there are a billion cricket fans in India. You definitely can’t fit everyone in any of those stadiums.
Hence, live streaming platforms come to the rescue. You can watch the matches live from the following platforms.
IND vs AUS 2023 Cricket World Cup – Prediction
This is the most challenging time I have had while writing a prediction. Trust me, I have written predictions for India vs Pakistan.
AND THIS IS THE HARDEST PREDICTION I HAVE WRITTEN
Many variables can decide this match. Australia is a beast in the World Cups. You cannot write off this Indian squad, especially on their turf.
Players to watch out for
Marnus Labuschagne is a recent addition to the Australian World Cup team. It was surprising not to see him earlier. However, it doesn’t matter since Aussies have made the right choice. India has to control his runs. And the runs are leaking in this World Cup.
Mitchel Marsh has been in his best form. His ability to bowl in the middle overs and explosive batting gives Australia some depth in both bowling and batting.
Glen Maxwell. With all his IPL experience, he is the player you must watch out for. He can spin the ball, control the runs in the middle overs, and pick up some wickets. And talk about his batting; you are in for a treat.
Mitchel Starc is the modern-day great when it comes to World Cups. He stands among the top Gs of bowlers in the World Cup. He is right there, along with McGrath, Murali, Wasim Akram, and Malinga. That should tell you a lot about him.
Hardik Pandya will be essential for India’s victory. He is one of the best all-rounders in this World Cup. He is one of the only quality all-rounders left in cricket. With explosive batting, Pace, and a mix of style and swagger, Pandya is a proper superstar.
Virat Kohli needs no introduction. That’s it. That will be my review for him.
Mohammad Siraj showed what he can do in the bowling department during the Asia Cup. It was a pressure match, and Siraj delivered. Wobbled seam, swinging deliveries, and hitting the line and length, he knows everything.
Kuldeep Yadav will be an X-factor in this match. The chinaman can bamboozle the Australian bowlers quite easily.
Recent ODI series
If we talk about recent ODI matches, India seems to be on the top. The Aussies did get their form back in the recent match. But can you consider that as a comeback? They need a lot more if they want the brownie points here.
India, on the other hand, is enjoying their best form so far. They won their series against Australia and the West Indies and had a successful Asia Cup campaign.
Who will win?
Let’s say India will win the match 60-40. Australia is still in the game. But can you predict anything hard and fast? Naah.
But still, India seems to be in a better position here.
We will write a live blog here.
Finally, a change. Australia won the toss, and they chose to bat first. But this decision wasn’t a good one. WHY?
Continue reading to learn more
|David Warner||Rohit Sharma|
|Mitchell Marsh||Ishan Kishan|
|Steven Smith||Virat Kohli|
|Marnus Labuschagne||Shreyas Iyer|
|Glenn Maxwell||KL Rahul|
|Alex Carey||Hardik Pandya|
|Cameron Green||Ravindra Jadeja|
|Pat Cummins||Ravichandran Ashwin|
|Mitchell Starc||Kuldeep Yadav|
|Adam Zampa||Jasprit Bumrah|
|Josh Hazelwood||Mohammad Siraj|
First Innings – Australia
|AUSTRALIA 199-10 (49.3 overs)|
|Steven Smith 46 (71)||Ravindra Jadeja 3-28|
|David Warner 41 (52)||Jasprit Bumrah 2-35|
|Mitchell Starc 28 (35)||Kuldeep Yadav 2-42|
- Australia struggled since the first ball. The pitch supported the spinners; you can see that from this scorecard. Mitchell Marsh couldn’t do much and got out early.
- The only batters with decent scores were Smith and Warner. Marnus, the man in form, got out by Jadeja. This was a turning point in this match. India didn’t look behind, and Australia couldn’t stabilize the innings.
- Jadeja bowled a masterpiece to get Smith, and Australia’s wheels fell off afterwards. They fell from 110/2 to 140/7.
- With nearly 13 overs remaining, things looked gloomy for them, but the lower order fought on to lift the score to 199.
- Starc finished with a respectable 28, and those runs might still be critical.
- They made life difficult for the Australians while allowing the spinners to build pressure.
- Although 200 is a low total, it gives Australia something to bowl at.
Second Innings – India
|INDIA 201-4 (41.2 overs)|
|KL Rahul 97 (115)||Josh Hazelwood 3-38|
|Virat Kohli 85 (116)||Mitchell Starc 1-31|
|RESULT||India won by 6 wickets at hand.|
- India struggled in the first overs, just like Australia. But you can say they struggled more than the Aussies. It was all possible, courtesy of Josh Hazelwood and Mitchel Starc.
- Starc caught and bowled Ishan Kishan at 0. This golden duck gave the Aussie bowlers some confidence on the pitch.
- Soon, Hazelwood joined the party, which dismissed Rohit Sharma. He got the scalp of Shreyas Iyer soon afterward, leaving India at 2-3. It looked like a Football goal card.
- Hazelwood could have gotten Virat Kohli out on a rash shot. However, Marsh dropped that catch. You do not drop Kohli’s catch.
- It was all downhill from Australia here. Kohli and KL Rahui build a partnership of 165 runs, making the chase as smooth as ever. KL Rahul made a remarkable comeback, scoring 97 runs in 115 deliveries, while Kohli hit 85 runs.
Man of the match
KL Rahul and Kohli played instrumental innings. But if you ask me who deserved the award, it had to be the one who stayed at the crease till the end. KL Rahul, you earned it!