Want to watch the highlights for the second match between India and Pakistan? COME HERE
What a roller coaster ride it was! Nobody was expecting the match to be played like this. You have to remember that the broadcasters may have coerced Jay Shah and the ACC to have a reserve day for this match. And it speaks volumes of the blunder Jay Shah has made this time.
Pakistan was never in the game. Indians started attacking the pace trio, which humbled them a lot. Whether it was batting or bowling, Indians outclassed Pakistan in this match.
Here are the complete details for this match.
Here are the match highlights for you guys.
India first innings
- This was expected to be the tournament’s most fearsome bowling assault, but the Indians have cleaned them out.
- The openers Rohit and Shubman Gill led the way with good purpose against the new ball.
- Rohit was nervous against the pacers but compensated by taking on Shadab Khan for a 19-run over. Both openers reached fifty before being dismissed in successive overs.
- Then came the rain, a lengthy delay, and a reserve day for which Pakistan would curse Jay Shah
Check: Asia Cup Predictions 2023
- KL Rahul and Kohli were calculating initially but then attacked the part-timers, brilliantly using their opportunities.
- KL made an amazing comeback to ODI cricket, returning to his elegant best with some beautiful flicks and drives to hit another century.
- Virat Kohli, on the other hand, demonstrated a masterclass in moving between the wickets, keeping occupied and scoring at a strike rate of over 130 despite not having Rahul’s boundary count.
Pakistan second innings
- A strange performance of swing bowling by a returning Bumrah and an ever-reliable Siraj in the second innings.
- They caused havoc on both edges and created several jaffas, but the match-winning ball came from Hardik Pandya, who knocked over an in-form Babar.
- Shardul then delivered a peach to eliminate Rizwan, followed by the Kuldeep Yadav display. He got a lot out of this surface, which had previously appeared to be a pacer’s heaven, turning the ball both ways with ease to finish with numbers of 5/25.
- Haris Rauf and Naseem did not bat for Pakistan, and their probable ailments are major worries. Babar and his squad have a lot of work to do after suffering their worst setback over the arch-rivals.
- For India, this was all they could have hoped for, with vital roles played by Rohit, Gill, Rahul, Kohli, Bumrah, Shardul, and Kuldeep and a supporting performance from Shreyas Iyer’s back.
Man of the match
Virat Kohli has done it again. After the fiasco of the first match between India and Pakistan this season, the king was out for retribution. And he scored his massive ton against the arch-rivals. A much-deserved award for him in this match.