So it is Islamabad United v Peshawar Zalmi today, 12 March 2023. This is the second last match of the group stages. Both Zalmi and United are scoring high scores. But this match was rather normal. Well, a breath of fresh air? I don’t know. This was a normal match for once, but an important match for Peshawar Zalmi. The Zalmis had to win this match no matter what. Their position on the HBL PSL 8 Points table was at stake. And they successfully won this match by 13 runs due to the heroics of Mohammad Haris. Want to know the details? Continue reading.
HBL PSL 8 live streaming
HBL PSL 8 live score
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM
||Islamabad United v Peshawar Zalmi
||Sunday, March 12, 2023
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman
The United won the toss and chose to field first. Well, you don’t say!
- Limiting opponents to under 200 on a level deck is admirable. At one point, it appeared as the Zalmi might once again register another high score, but everything came apart very rapidly.
- On a batting-friendly pitch, the Zalmi lost Saim Ayub straight on, but Mohammad Haris and Bhanuka Rajapaksa assured to capitalize.
- They were riding at 116/1 after 10 overs, but they surrendered wickets quickly and fell to 139/5. The scoring rate plummeted, and the United bowlers ensured they never let go.
- Hasan Ali and Waseem Jr could obtain reverse-swing and bowled superbly to guarantee no problems from the tail end.
|PESHAWAR ZALMI 179-8
|Mohammad Haris 79(39)
||Hasan Ali 3-39
|B Rajapaksa 41(25)
||Shadab Khan 2-42
- Three wickets were taken in the powerplay, and as statistics show, the team that takes three wickets in the powerplay is more likely to prevail in the match.
- Gurbaz cobbled up a good relationship with the skipper, but they completely blew up once Shadab was removed.
- They appeared determined to lose wickets as they fell from 111/5 to 111/8.
- Faheem Ashraf attempted to take the match on his own again in the end, but his shenanigans were terminated by a brilliant yorker from Khurram Shahzad in the last over.
- Remember that Khurram’s bowling figures of 3-13 came in only 1.4 overs.
|ISLAMABAD UNITED 166-10
|Faheem Ashraf 38(13)
||Khurram Shahzad 3-13
|Rahmanullah Gurbaz 33(24)
||Sufiyan Muqeem 3-37
|Shadab Khan 25(19)
||James Neesham 2-23
Man of the match
Mohammad Haris was the only lad who performed for the Zalmis today in terms of batting, other than Rajapaksha. But Haris’ 79 runs from a mere 39 delivers is why the Zalmis had the fighting chance. Other than that, all the other batters showed a mediocre performance.