The Islamabad United and Quetta Gladiators had another match on 5 March 2023, which was entertaining. In this blog, we will talk about the match 21 highlights. It doesn’t matter if you missed this match. You will know all the essential details so you can later discuss them with your cricket lover friends.
Previously, Islamabad United won the match against the Gladiators. Right now, the Quetta Gladiators are not in a good position on PSL 8 points table. They are at the bottom of the table, while the United squad is in third. During match 13, Islamabad United beat the Gladiators by 63 runs. This is a significant margin to win with.
Let’s see how this match turned out to be.
|RAWALPINDI CRICKET STADIUM|
|Date||Sunday, March 5, 2023|
|Match||Islamabad United v Quetta Gladiators|
|TV Umpire||Alex Wharf|
|Reserve Umpire||Mohammad Asif|
|Match Referee||Roshan Mahanama|
ISLU won the toss, and they decided to bowl first. The hosts will be bowling the guests.
|QUETTA GLADIATORS||ISLAMABAD UNITED|
|Yasir Khan||Rahmanullah Gurbaz|
|Will Smeed||Alex Hales|
|Sarfaraz Ahmed||Colin Munro|
|Mohammad Nawaz||Shadab Khan|
|Iftikhar Ahmed||Azam Khan|
|Najibullah Zadran||Asif Ali|
|Umar Akmal||Faheem Ashraf|
|Odean Smith||Mubasir Khan|
|Umaid Asif||Hasan Ali|
|Naseem Shah||Rumman Raees|
- Will Quetta come out of their miseries in this match? Well, they have put up a decent total on the board. They scored 179 runs at a loss of 6 wickets.
- They didn’t have a good start, losing 3 early wickets in the power play. Will Smeed went after scoring nothing in the first over.
- The captain decided to come one down, but he fell for a superb catch by Mubasir.
- Iftikhar Ahmad has failed to reproduce his form from Bangladesh Premier League. One of the biggest reasons the Gladiators suffer is that the IfitMania is not working anymore.
- But Nawaz and Zadran gave some stability to the team by putting up a respectable total.
- To finish off things, we saw a glimpse of old Umar Akmal. WHAT A DAY HE HAD WITH THE BAT. He smashed a blistering 43 off of 14 deliveries. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
- From the bowlers, it was Fazalhaq Farooqi did a pretty good job. Rumman helped restrain the opposition as well.
- So, Islamabad has to chase down this total of 180 to keep the Gladiators at bay.
|QUETTA GLADIATORS 179-6|
|Najibullah Zadran 59(34)||Fazalhaq Farooqi 3-25|
|Mohammad Nawaz 52(44)||Faheem Ashraf 2-29|
|Umar Akmal 43(14)||Rumman Raees 1-29|
- Islamabad United has a herculean task of 180, and they achieved that with 2 wickets at hand.
- Naseem gave them jitters by taking an early wicket of Gurbaz. But that didn’t stop Munro and Hales from trying to make quick runs.
- But Alex soon left the crease by making only 12 runs and fell prey to a slower one from Zadran.
- Wickets kept falling one after the other, but Munro had one mission, and he only focused on it. He scored his quick 63-run innings off of 29 deliveries. But unfortunately, he got out to Nawaz, who, by the way, bowled superbly.
- The star batsman Azam had a brief tenure at the crease but made crucial 25 runs.
- Ultimately, Faheem sailed the boat to safety, and Islamabad won the match by just 2 runs.
|ISLAMABAD UNITED 183-8|
|Colin Munro 63(29)||Mohammad Nawaz 2-17|
|Azam Khan 35(25)||Umaid Asif 3-37|
|Faheem Ashraf 39(31)||Naseem Shah 1-28|
Man of the match award
It’s Fazalhaq Farooqi again! He has been instrumental in Islamabad’s success more than once. He took three crucial wickets from Will Smeed, Yasir, and Mohammad Nawaz.