The Netherlands and New Zealand will play the 6th match of the Cricket World Cup on 9 October 2023. You can watch the match live with a ball-by-ball commentary of NED vs NZ. You only have to wait a bit; loading the video takes a few seconds. Also, scroll till the end of the match day to find highlights and a live blog.
The Netherlands lost their match against Pakistan. Their new-ball attack and spin arsenal is on point. However, we all saw how their batting struggled.
Meanwhile, New Zealand won their match against England quite comfortably. This was one hell of a match. From bowling to batting, the Kiwis were on point. Let’s see how they play this match. It isn’t much of a challenge for the Black Caps. But you cannot write off the Dutch completely.
|Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad|
|Match||New Zealand vs Netherlands|
|Time||I PM IST|
|Match days||9 October 2023|
Viewers from all around the world can watch the matches live. It all depends on who is the official broadcaster or has the right to stream the matches live. We have covered this topic in the following article.
You can watch the matches on the Sky Sports app for Kiwi fans in New Zealand. However, the Netherlands fans can switch to apps such as Tapmad. You can watch the matches on any other app using a proxy if nothing works.
Now, let’s talk about who is going to win. The Black Caps have the best chance of winning. They are in red hot form. The Netherlands need to perform its best if they want to upset a big team like New Zealand.
Netherlands: Netherlands Squad for Cricket World Cup 2023
New Zealand: Cricket World Cup 2023 New Zealand Squad [ANNOUNCED]
Here are the key players according to my point of view.
|Bas de Leede||Rachin Ravindra|
|Paul van Mekereen||Matt Henry|
|Scot Edwards||Devon Convway|
De Leede is very important for the Netherlands. He is in form, and the Dutch will rely on him with the new ball. Vsn Mekereen and Logan Van Beek are crucial bowlers as well. But the Dutch are struggling with the bat. And that makes Scott Edwards an essential piece in the puzzle.
Rachin and Conway have shown how lethal they are. But one person who works from the shadows is Mitchell Santner. He may not have those outstanding numbers. But he can create pressure, stop runs, and make it easier for other bowlers to take wickets.
While Matt Henry has taken the mantle of taking wickets with the new ball, Indian conditions suit him well.
Position on the points table so far.
The situation is dire for the Netherlands on the points table. They do not have the NRR. And it makes their position for the top four even more difficult. However, New Zealand is eyeing for entry to the finals for the third time. They have the best run rate on the points table so far. And their position will become even better after this match.
We will write a live blog here.
The Dutch won the toss, and they chose to field first. Will they be able to contain New Zealand like they did with Pakistan?
The Netherlands will not play Logan Van Beek today. He has a hamstring and will rest for now. Let’s hope he recovers fast. New Zealand will not play Kane Williamson and Tim Southee. They are preserving them for now.
|Devon Conway||Vikramjit Singh|
|Will Young||Max O’Dowd|
|Rachin Ravindra||Colin Ackermann|
|Daryl Mitchell||Bas de Leede|
|Tom Latham||Teja Nidamanuru|
|Glenn Philips||Scott Edwards|
|Mark Chapman||Sybrand Engelbrecht|
|Mitchell Santner||Roelof van der Merwe|
|Matt Henry||Ryan Klein|
|Lockie Ferguson||Aryan Dutt|
|Trent Boult||Paul van Meekeren|
1st Innings – New Zealand
|NEW ZEALAND 322-7 (50 overs)|
|Will Young 70 (80)||Aryan Dutt 2-62|
|Tom Latham 53 (46)||Roelof van der Merwe 2-56|
|Rachin Ravindra 51 (51)||Paul van Meekeren 2-59|
- This score will be enough for New Zealand. The wicket got slower as the innings continued, making hitting shots on the rise harder. Young and Conway, on the other hand, had no such concerns.
- The innings began with three maidens, but the openers quickly found their range.
- But, like they did throughout the innings, the Netherlands did not allow any one batter to go big.
- Conway was caught deep mid-wicket, Young was run out with a top-edge, and a slower ball off-cutter ran out Mitchell.
- After making contributions, Ravindra was strangled down the leg, and Latham was stumped. However, scoring fluently from the 20-45 over period proved difficult.
- Edwards was also on top of his game, making the appropriate bowling adjustments and fielding well.
- At the death, Aryan Dutt was summoned back to bowl, and he kept it tight while picking up two wickets. However, the final three overs generated 50, which could damage the Netherlands.
2nd innings – Netherlands
|NETHERLANDS 223-10 (46.3 overs)|
Netherlands lost by 99 runs
|Colin Ackermann 69 (73)||Mitchell Santner 5-59|
|Scott Edwards 30 (27)||Matt Henry 3-40|
|Sybrand Engelbrecht 29 (34)||Rachin Ravindra 1-46|
- Most of the Netherlands’ batters saw action, although only Colin Ackermann reached fifty. He shared a 50-run partnership with Teja Nidamanuru, however, a mix-up cost the latter his wicket.
- Captain Scott Edwards joined Ackermann, and the two kept the scoreboard ticking. Santner, who had given up 36 runs in his first five overs, returned and took two key wickets.
- He dismissed Ackermann and Edwards in consecutive overs to put an end to the Netherlands’ aspirations.
- While the left-arm spinner picked up a fifer, Henry completed the match with his second three-fer in as many matches.
- New Zealand won the match by 99 runs. Strengthening their position on the points table.
Player of the match
The Netherlands could have restricted the opposition under 300, just like they did with Pakistan. However, Mitchell Santner came to the party and scored those quick 36 runs on 17 deliveries. But that wasn’t the end. He came forward and took a 5-fer. This all-round performance has earned him the Man of the Match award. Watch a performance from Santner.