Pakistan vs India is the match that everyone waits for. Some even say this match is why ICC arranged this entire cricket World Cup this year. Whatever the case, we are always excited for the Pakistan vs India clash. You can follow the match in this article. There will be live commentary during the match under this paragraph. We will also write the highlights at the end of this page.
For now, you can read about the predictions and other stuff here.
Pakistan has enjoyed a great tournament so far. You can’t say they won comfortably each time. The Netherlands match was won, courtesy of their bowling attack and a mediocre Dutch batting lineup. The bowlers failed miserably during the Sri Lanka game. However, Rizwan and Abdullah Shafique steered the team to victory.
India looks good. They won against Australia and had a field trip during the Afghanistan game. They chased 272 in 35 overs. What else are we going to see? 500 runs in an ODI match?
|Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad|
|Game||Pakistan vs India|
|Position on the points table||India = 4 points|
Pakistan = 4 points
|Time||2 pm Local time|
|Date||14 October 2023|
India vs Pakistan live-streaming
Which cricket fan is going to leave this one? No one is going to leave this cricket match alone. All the eyes are going to be on this particular game. Let alone India and Pakistan; all the other nations who play cricket will see this. Pak vs Ind has more viewership than the Super Bowl. It has more clout than the Ashes. It is so popular even Joe Rogan was amazed.
So, the hard part of this article is finally here. Who is going to win? Is it going to be Pakistan? Or will India continue its winning streak and wouldn’t let Pakistan have any chance at 14 October’s match? There are a lot of ways you can make a prediction. Today, we will look at the key players, their previous record in the tournament so far, and the pressure on both teams.
Stars to watch
|Babar Azam||Virat Kohli|
|Mohammad Rizwan||Rohit Sharma|
|Abdullah Shafique||Kuldeep Yadav|
|Saud Shakeel||Ravindra Jadeja|
|Shaheen Shah Afridi||Ravichandran Ashwin|
All the Pakistani batters are in form. But the batter who is yet to perform is Babar Azam. And that is why he is the player you should look out for. Babar will shift the gears, and it will become a bowler’s nightmare. Rizwan and Abdullah have shown class and that they can do wonders for the team.
Saud Shakeel is a different breed. Although he was a top-order batter, he adjusted for the middle order. He is the player with the vision and honesty; you cannot beat such a player quickly. Tough job for Indian bowlers.
Shaheen will be a menace, but that depends on whether he has fixed that injured finger.
Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will surely be the dangerous players. If Pakistan can get them out early, it will be a challenging ride for Indian batters later. But the real danger to Pakistan in this match will be India’s spin trio. Jadeja, Ashwin, and Kuldeep are all strike spinners. Back in the day, Pakistan had Afridi, Sarfaraz, and Hafeez to counter this spin attack. Now, their players struggle against spinners.
World Cup record
Pakistan’s side won the Cricket World Cup in 1992 but didn’t win against the Indians. Ever since the inception of this tournament, Pakistan has had the best players in the team. It used to have the likes of Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, and many more. Legendary players!
And yet, somehow, they couldn’t win against India in this tournament. The overall ODI record is better against India. However, India is far superior regarding its head-to-head record in ODI world cups.
Pakistan and India have faced off against each other 7 times. And the record is 7-0 in favour of India. It has gone to the point where broadcasters made memes about it. Yes, that Mauka Mauka ad is nothing but a troll meme.
This factor alone adds a lot of pressure on the team.
A high-stake match
This is a high stake match. We already discussed how it affects the Pakistan cricket team and the fans. They are 7-0 and will want to break the jinx.
Pakistan cricket team broke this jinx when they won the Champions Trophy 2017. After that, they won a match against India in the 2021 T20 world cup. Before these matches, Pakistan wasn’t winning against India in ICC events.
Now, it is time for them to beat India in ICC events.
As far as India is concerned, they may say they are not under pressure. However, the team is under a pressure cooker right now.
Firstly, there was no opening ceremony. But now, there are reports that BCCI is spending a lot of money treating this match as an opening ceremony for this cricket world cup. The stands in the stadiums are already empty. They want to change it desperately
Secondly, India’s PM will be in the stadium watching this match. This alone is a lot of pressure. You do not want to lose against Pakistan, your arch-rival, especially in the most significant cricket ground in the world and in front of your PM.
These things add up, creating immense pressure on the Indian squad. Pakistan doesn’t have much to lose here.
If you talk about Modi Stadium, it is a batting track. It does support pacers a bit, but the boundaries are shorter. The average score since 2015 has been 320 in the ODI. It is all about nerves. This will be a smooth ride for them if Pakistani batters can hold their nerves against the 120k crowd.
We can expect some big hits.
Who will win?
Let’s be realistic: Pakistan is struggling with its bowling. Shaheen cannot bowl over 130 KPH, so this is a trouble. The entire pressure is one Pakistan batter.
While the Indian side enjoys good batting form, this is their home turf.
Or the prediction meter says the winning percentage is 55-45 in favor of India.
We will update this on the match day.
India won the toss, and they chose to field first. Seems like Ahmedabad’s pitch will show the same results as before. 8-0 on the cards?
|Rohit Sharma||Abdullah Shafique|
|Virat Kohli||Babar Azam|
|KL Rahul||Mohammad Rizwan|
|Shreyas Iyer||Saud Shakeel|
|Hardik Pandya||Iftikhar Ahmad|
|Ravindra Jadeja||Shadab Khan|
|Shardul Thakur||Mohammad Nawaz|
|Jasprit Bumrah||Haris Rauf|
|Mohammad Siraj||Shaheen Shah Afridi|
|Kuldeep Yadav||Hasan Ali|
First Innings – Pakistan
|PAKISTAN 191-10 (42.5 overs)|
|Babar Azam 50 (58)||Jasprit Bumrah 2-19|
|Mohammad Rizwan 49 (69)||Kuldeep Yadav 2-35|
|Imam-ul-Haq 36 (38)||Ravindra Jadeja 2-38|
- After being sent into bat, the openers got off to a quick start, but India’s bowlers weren’t entirely on the boil right away and battled with discipline.
- Siraj was dragged around for a few boundaries, and Pakistan appeared to be in fine shape. But it was Siraj who gave India their first breakthrough, taking a fake from Rohit and sliding a cross-seamer to maintain low and trap Shafique in front.
- Imam was quickly caught in the trap as they pressed deep point square and drew him into the drive. After that, Rizwan and Babar went to work and began accumulating.
- They batted conservatively at first but quickly threw away anything that went loose. The boundaries continued falling at regular intervals, and Pakistan appeared to be on track for a large total with those two at the crease. Their collaboration surpassed 50, but India responded forcefully.
- 8-0 seems on the cards here. Pathetic show by the middle-order. However, what’s even more pathetic is the sportsman spirit of the Indian crowd. Disappointing!
Second Innings – India
|INDIA 192-3 (30.3 overs)|
|Rohit Sharma 86 (63)||Shaheen Shah Afridi 2-36|
|Shreyas Iyer 53 (62)||Hasan Ali 1-34|
|KL Rahul 19 (29)||Mohammad Nawaz 0-47|
|RESULT||India won by 7 wickets and 117 balls remaining|
- The chase of 192 was never going to shake this dominant Indian batting order, and skipper Rohit Sharma made it even simpler with an outstanding effort.
- His timing was impeccable, as he dispatched the Pakistani pacers with his strokeplay. The highlight was a pull-off Haris Rauf that sailed over a deep backward square leg.
- Although Rohit did not score consecutive World Cup hundreds against Pakistan, his innings meant that the likes of Shreyas Iyer took their time and eye, and India’s No.4 helped himself to a morale-boosting unbeaten 53.
- Pakistan lacked a target to bowl at. That’s where the game was effectively lost. After that, India pounced on the Babar wicket and took control of the game.
- With this victory, India moves to the top of the standings. In retrospect, especially given how the pitch behaved around the 25th over of the chase, a score of 280 was decent.
- However, Pakistan fell well short of this target.
Man of the match
Jasprit Bumrah has shown why he is the man of the match today. If you restrict Pakistani batters, they will give away their wickets. This is precisely what Bumrah’s plan was today. To reduce the in-form Pakistani batters like this is excellent.