Are you ready for the 7th match of Cricket World Cup 2023? Bangladesh and England will face off against each other on 10 October 2023. This is going to be a day match. If you want to follow it ball-by-ball, wait for a few seconds. The video is loading under this paragraph. Also, scroll down till the end to watch the scorecard and live blog for England vs Bangladesh.
Bangladesh won their match against Afghanistan quite comfortably. They know the points where they are lacking. And it will be interesting to see how they manage those weaknesses because England will exploit those.
Speaking about England, they faced a humiliating defeat from New Zealand. The black caps exposed how England has struggled with their spin bowling. However, playing Bangladesh at this game stage can be a good morale booster. They will be eyeing for the win.
|Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala|
|Match||Bangladesh vs England|
|Time (local time)||10 am|
|Date||10 October 2023|
Bangladesh vs England match 7 – Live streaming
It sucks when you can’t watch the matches from the stadiums. However, it is not your fault either. Not everyone can take the time out of their busy schedules and visit a country like India to enjoy the World Cup matches.
BUT THERE IS ANOTHER WAY YOU CAN BE PART OF THAT ELECTRIC ATMOSPHERE IN INDIAN CRICKET STADIUMS!
You can gather some friends and start enjoying the matches live.
But where can you watch these matches? We have written a detailed article for you. You can read that and start enjoying the game live.
Click here: ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Live Streaming
Predictions – Ban vs ENG 2023
So, who is going to win this time? Is it going to be England, the defending champions? Or will the Bangladesh Cricket Team upset a bigger team? Their series against the English team was not a huge success. In the past five matches they have played together, England won 4 times.
However, if you ask for my predictions, we can base them on two factors.
|Shakib Al Hasan||Dawid Malan|
|Mehidy Hasan Mirza||Jos Buttler|
|Najmul Hussain Shanto||Adil Rashid|
|Mustafizur Rehman||Mark Wood|
Shakib and Mehidy are enjoying great form. On top of that, you can see they are getting a lot of help from the surface. Under these circumstances, they are getting great results. Shakib did enjoy pretty great form last time. However, it was his bad luck that his team wasn’t performing on par with others. Now, he is getting a lot of help from Shanto, Mustafizur, and Mehidy.
Mustafizur and Taskin can take wickets with the new ball, while Mehidy and Shakib can take control of the middle overs. They are pretty good with the bat, as well.
The real question is, can they perform against a team like England, especially in such a big tournament?
Dawid and Buttler need an introduction for now. Their batting against New Zealand was pretty good. Although Dawid got out early, he will be lethal if he shifts gears. Joe Root is a crucial piece on the chessboard. We are yet to see Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali playing up to their potential. If Adil can get his rhythm in this match, he can pick a lot of wickets in this tournament.
Tournament so far
For England, it is about getting that NRR back on track. They lost miserably against New Zealand. And that has pummeled their NRR to the ground. This concerns Bangladesh since they cannot give England a chance to recover. England will come with the intent of winning by a considerable margin.
Bangladesh have to stick to the basics. They won their game against Afghanistan. Now, they have to prove themselves against the defending champions. They will enter with a high morale.
England has a 60% chance of winning this match. You cannot write off Bangladesh when their spinners enjoy red-hot form.
CWC 2023 Match 7 highlights
Bangladesh won the toss, and they chose to field first. So far, only one team has won the toss, and they chose to bat first. Otherwise, 6 out of 7 times, the team won the toss and opted to bowl first.
|Litton Das||Dawid Malan|
|Tanzid Hasan||Jos Buttler|
|Najmul Hossain Shanto||Joe Root|
|Shakib Al Hasan||Jhony Bairstow|
|Mehidy Hasan Mirza||Harry Brook|
|Mushfiqur Rahim||Liam Livingstone|
|Towhid Hridoy||Sam Curran|
|Mahedi Hasan||Chris Woakes|
|Shoriful Islam||Adil Rashid|
|Taskin Ahmad||Mark Wood|
|Mustafizur Rahman||Reece Topley|
1st innings – England
|ENGLAND 364-9 (50 overs)|
|Dawid Malan 140 (107)||Mahedi Hasan 4-71|
|Joe Root 82 (68)||Shoriful Islam 3-75|
|Jonny Bairstow 52 (59)||Taskin Ahmed 1-38|
- Bairstow and Malan made a careful start, taking their time to test the waters.
- But as they got their eye in, both hitters began hitting over the infield, and Shakib tried everything, but nothing worked.
- Both openers hit 50 before being bowled out by a straight one.
- Root took his position and did his job, scoring the ordinary fifty, while Malan also played well.
- Malan had a massive daddy hundred on a track that didn’t grip or turn too much. He was dismissed in the 38th over, which slowed England marginally.
- Buttler and Brook made cameo appearances, but Bangladesh battled back strongly in the final ten, with Shoriful picking three and Mahedi Hasan picking four.
- Only 66 runs were scored in the final ten overs when England appeared to be on track for a total well over 400. But this is enough as well.
Second innings – Bangladesh
|BANGLADESH 227-10 (48.2 overs)|
England won by 137 runs
|Litton Das 76 (66)||Reece Topley 4-43|
|Mushfiqur Rahim 51 (64)||Chris Woakes 2-49|
|Towhid Hridoy 39 (61)||Mark Wood 1-29|
- England is finally playing like a defending champion. Their performance was much needed after the train wreck at Ahmedabad.
- Apart from Litton Das or Mushfiqur, no other batter crossed 50 runs. Towhid scored some runs at the end. But it was all in vain.
- The top-order collapse, courtesy of Topley and Woakes. The middle order scored some runs, which may save Bangladesh’s NRR. This is the only consolation for the cornered Bengal Tigers.
- Bangladesh could have scored many runs had they saved their wickets early in their innings. They could have played cautiously, just like Dawid Malan and Bairstow.
- Bangladesh will walk away with a lot of things to improve. England will enter the next match with a better NRR and some points on the board.
Man of the match
Dawid Malan deserved the MOTM award. “Although Dawid got out early, he will be lethal if he shifts gears.” This is what we told in our match predictions in this article. And look what the man has done to the Bangladesh bowling attack. Absolutely brutal.