India vs Afghanistan is a match you do not want to miss. Not because of how entertaining Rashid Khan’s bowling or Virat Kohli’s batting might get. But because of how unpredictable the Afghanistan cricket team can get. Here, you will hear ball-by-ball commentary, along with highlights. You have to wait for the video under this paragraph to load. Do not forget to read the highlights at the end of this article.
India will be looking forward to a comfortable win. They did struggle a bit against the Aussies. But that is in the past now. They may rest Virat Kohli for this match. Shubhman GIll is already out of the question. But the bench strength is adequate for this job.
Afghanistan had a crushing defeat against Bangladesh. They will look forward to improving their NRR here. Winning against India seems to be a bold call here. Only luck can save them here.
India vs Afghanistan
|Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi|
|Match||India vs Afghanistan|
|Position on the points table||India 2 points|
Afghanistan 0 points
|Time||1 pm local|
|Date||11 October 2023|
IND vs AFG live streaming
Cricket fans worldwide look forward to the World Cup, especially when heavyweights like India are involved. There are several alternatives for those who want to watch the match between India and Afghanistan livestream.
Depending on the location, official broadcasting partners often provide live streaming options through their websites or specific applications.
In India, for example, services like Hotstar have long been famous for cricket streaming. To enjoy the game uninterrupted, ensure you have a solid internet connection, ideally a high-speed one.
Gather friends or family for a shared experience and set up a comfortable viewing area with plenty of chairs to enjoy watching the live cricket match between India and Afghanistan.
Ensure you offer snacks and drinks that match the flavors of the participating countries, such as samosas or biryanis for India and mantu or kabuli pulao for Afghanistan.
Participate in amicable conversations about match outcomes and individual performances. Make a mini-game in which you must predict the next bowler or the number of runs in an over.
The shared cheering and camaraderie will intensify the live match experience, making it unforgettable with each boundary hit or wicket taken.
Predictions AFG v IND
The prediction is pretty much straightforward. India is likely to win this match. However, let’s see the key players that can perform in tomorrow’s match. Also, what do the teams employ the possible strategies?
From the Indian side, Mohammad Siraj can take a lot of wickets tomorrow. The fast bowler hasn’t done anything significant since the Asia Cup. And our sixth sense is screaming that we will see some wickets from the fast bowler. Of course, KL Rahul is in form and will score runs.
From the Afghanistan side, Rashid Khan vs Virat Kohli will be interesting. Rashid has a good track record against Virat. However, it would be a bummer if India rests with Kohli tomorrow.
Apart from winning the match, both teams will look forward to increasing their NRR in this match. India will want to be in that top-4 bracket. Right now, India ranks 4 on the points table. Afghanistan’s situation is dire. They will need to score some runs,, take some wickets, and do everything they can do to improve this NRR.
We will update this section on the match day.
Afghanistan won the toss, and they chose to bat first. Was this the right direction to let the batting-heavy lineup of India chase a target?
|Rohit Sharma||Rahmanullah Gurbaz|
|Ishan Kishan||Ibrahim Zadran|
|Virat Kohli||Rahmat Shah|
|Shreyas Iyer||Hashmatullah Shahidi|
|KL Rahul||Mohammad Nabi|
|Hardik Pandya||Najibullah Zadran|
|Ravindra Jadeja||Azmatullah Omarzai|
|Shardul Thakur||Rashid Khan|
|Jasprit Bumrah||Fazalhaq Farooqi|
1st Innings – Afghanistan
|AFGHANISTAN 272-8 (50 overs)|
|Hashmatullah Shahidi 80 (88)||Jasprit Bumrah 4-39|
|Azmatullah Omarzai 62 (69)||Hardik Pandya 2-43|
|Ibrahim Zadran 22 (28)||Kuldeep Yadav 1-40|
|TARGET||273 runs in 50 overs|
- This is Afghanistan’s 2nd best total in the ODI World Cups. Their best 288 against the West Indies back in 2019 Cricket World Cup 2023
- Gurbaz and Ibrahim started well but blew their chances, and when Rahmat Shah was dismissed, the score was 63/3, and Afghanistan was in trouble.
- However, Azmatullah’s elevation was a complete success. The allrounder and his skipper Hashmat stabilized the innings and delivered lusty blows off the spinners.
- Both hitters reached their fifties, but a slower ball from Pandya got the allrounder. It also halted the flow and delayed the innings.
- Shahidi continued and was on track for a century until Kuldeep ejected him.
- Bumrah returned and took a 4-fer to keep Afghanistan from reaching 300 points. Najibullah and Nabi were quickly dispatched, while Rashid Khan’s menacing cameo was cut short by a fine catch.
- 278 is the highest total ever chased in Delhi. And India did that against Sri Lanka. However, things are good for India today because even 344 runs are being chased down successfully.
2nd Innings – India
|INDIA 273-2 (35 overs)|
|Rohit Sharma 131 (84)||Rashid Khan 2-57|
|Ishan Kishan 47 (47)||Naveen-ul-Haq 0-31|
|Virat Kohli 55 (56)||Mohammad Nabi 0-32|
|RESULT||India won by 8 wickets at hand and 15 overs remaining|
- Brutal from India. This was a captain’s knock from Rohit Sharma today. It was also the fastest 100 by any Indian in the World Cups. Have you noticed? A lot of records are being broken this World Cup. We will write a separate article on it.
- The opening partnership of 156 runs from 112 Deliveries put a dent in Afghanistan’s hope of defending the total. India could have made 400+ with such a run rate.
- Rashid Khan took both the wickets today. However, it was not enough. It was a picture-perfect day for India. Rohit’s century, Virat’s fifty, and a brilliant performance from the batters. This is what they need to repeat the 2011 World Cup story.
Man of the match
Rohit Sharma is MOTM today. Honestly, no other person couldn’t have been getting this trophy today. The man went on an onslaught and didn’t stop until the job was almost done. What a ton.