New Zealand and Pakistan will play the most crucial match for their World Cup campaign in Bengaluru on 4 November 2023. Pakistan’s qualification in the semi-finals depends on this match. At the same time, New Zealand is in hot waters after it lost back-to-back matches. No one should miss such a match, and we will ensure you don’t. Here, you will get everything from commentary, highlights, predictions, previews, etc. Are you ready?
Here, You can watch the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Pakistan Vs New Zealand Match Live Streaming for free. The CWC 2023 Schedule PDF is also added here.
Live streaming – Pak vs NZ
Those watching in both New Zealand and Pakistan may enjoy the live-streaming experience of this crucial World Cup match by logging in to the official streaming sites or television networks that will be carrying the event.
Watch now: ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Live Streaming.
Fans can savour the explosive moments, heart-pounding excitement, and nail-biting drama as they support their particular teams, whether they’re gathering in stadiums or watching from the comfort of their homes.
Cricket fans can immerse themselves in the excitement, developing a relationship with the game like never before, thanks to live commentary, expert analysis, and camera angles that catch every spectacular move, regardless of their geographical location.
It’s a celebration of the sport that brings together supporters from all around the world to see athletic history being made.
Pakistan’s hopes for the tournament
Pakistan cricket team entered the tournament with a lot of hope. They had some of the best players. Even if Naseem wasn’t in the squad, the rest of the team had confidence in the bowling attack. However, things didn’t go as planned.
Their first match didn’t go as planned. They barely managed to win that match. Later, they faced Sri Lanka. Even if they had to break some records, they chased down 344 runs. However, there was one lingering problem: the bowlers weren’t picking wickets.
This issue haunted them for the next 4 matches. The Australia, India, South Africa, and Afghanistan matches were disappointing. The Afghanistan one was their lowest point. It was like Pakistani bowlers had forgotten how to bowl in an ODI match.
They broke the losing streak against Bangladesh, and the bowlers bowled the opposition out. However, can they do it against teams like England and New Zealand?
New Zealand facing the music
New Zealand had the most picture-perfect start in the tournament. They completely dominated the defending champs and destroyed the bowling lineups of their opposition. However, they were going to face the music now. They would face teams like India, Australia, and South Africa.
It was against the better sides; their weaknesses were getting exposed. The Kiwis, who looked like they would play their 3rd World Cup final for the consecutive time, were not at the edge of the 4th position on the points table.
This is a must-win match. They have to do something against this Pakistan side who is out for blood. Otherwise, they can kiss their World Cup campaign goodbye.
|M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru|
|Match||Pakistan vs New Zealand|
|Points||New Zealand = 8|
Pakistan = 6
|Starting time||10:30 am IST|
|Date||4 November 2023|
Dark clouds loom on the ground. It is expected that this match will be washed out, or there will be a delay in the play. Also, things may go down to the DLS method as well. Let’s see how this plays out. The pitch has always been pretty good for batting. But all that will drain if the match is washed out.
But don’t worry, M Chinnaswamy Stadium has things figured out. How? Read our article to know that.
Shaheen, Babar, and Rizwan are going to be their key players. They have been performing so far, taking wickets, scoring runs, and giving Pakistan a slight chance for victory each time they face an opposition.
For New Zealand, Daryl Mitchel has been in form so far. His bat has made the runs rain. Even in difficult situations, the man isn’t disappointed. Another player that Pakistan will have to watch out for is Rachin Ravindra. He scored runs against Pakistan during the warm-up match. He knows how to play these bowlers.
Probable 11 – Pakistan vs New Zealand
Pakistan will go for the settled players. They won’t make any changes. However, the problem is with the Black Caps.
New Zealand has been struggling with injuries. Two of their leading players, Kane Williamson and Tim Southee, were injured before the tournament. Tim and Kane have played some matches, but they are different.
Matt Henry was performing. However, he has suffered an injury and has to fly back home. Kyle Jamieson will replace him.
The situation is 50-50. You cannot make any claims for this one. Pakistan may have a slightly better chance. However, you never know when Rachin and Co will make their bowler ineffective again.
But all this depends on whether the rain will let these two play this match. Fingers crossed!
Pakistan won the toss, and Babar has decided to bowl first. Is this the right decision on this sort of a flat wicket? It isn’t like they did any better against Australia on the same pitch when they bowled first.
Another surprise, Pakistan went for Hasan Ali instead of Usama Mir.
|Abdullah Shafique||Devon Conway|
|Fakhar Zaman||Rachin Ravindra|
|Babar Azam||Kane Williamson|
|Mohammad Rizwan||Daryl Mitchell|
|Saud Shakeel||Tom Latham|
|Salman Ali Agha||Mark Chapman|
|Iftikhar Ahmad||Glenn Philips|
|Mohammad Wasim Jnr||Mitchell Santner|
|Shaheen Shah Afridi||Ish Sodhi|
|Haris Rauf||Tim Southee|
|Hasan Ali||Trent Boult|
First Innings – New Zealand
|NEW ZEALAND 401-6 (50 overs)|
|Rachin Ravindra 108 (94)||Mohammad Wasim 3-60|
|Kane Willamson 95 (79)||Iftikhar Ahmed 1-55|
|Glenn Philips 41 (25)||Hasan Ali 1-82|
|TARGET||402 runs in 50 overs|
Top order topples Pakistan.
- Bad day for Pakistani bowlers. Bengaluru hasn’t been kind to the green shirts at all. It almost felt like an action replay of the Pakistan vs Australia match. Pakistan has been hit for 401 runs! Pathetic stuff from Pakistani bowlers. Only Mohammad Wasim seemed decent. The rest of the bowlers had no reply for the Kiwi’s brilliance.
- The Kiwis had a good run in the powerplay. It was an opening partnership of 68 runs in 65 deliveries. Pakistan breathed relief when Hasan Ali got Devon Conway out on the short-pitched delivery. Conway walked out of the ground without even checking if he was out. And he wasn’t. Maybe he should have taken a review there. Because what happened next was batting brilliance from his opening partner.
- Rachin and Kane took Pakistani bowlers to the cleaners. They scored 180 runs together in 142 balls. Williamson was back, and he was back with a bang. Rachin had done similar heroics against Pakistan in the warmup game as well. And he did it again.
Pakistan’s struggle to contain the Kiwis
- Rachin and Williamson were racing for a ton; however, Iftikhar Ahmad got the skipper out when he charged the offspinner to hit him for a six. Was it over for Pakistan? No, Rachin Ravindra continued the onslaught and scored his ton.
- After this, Rachin got out on 108 runs. Saud Shakeel took a brilliant catch to end Rachin’s brilliant knock.
- The Black Caps had small partnerships, scored quick runs, and steered their boat to 401 runs.
- Haris Rauf and Mohammad Wasim tried to contain the opposition with wickets. But Wasim was the only one who was effective in this mission.
- A bad day for Pakistan. Will they be able to chase 401 runs? They chased the highest total in the history of this tournament in this World Cup. These batters almost chased 360+ runs on the same ground. Can they chase this one? It seems wishful thinking. But you never know.
Second Innings – Pakistan
|PAKISTAN 200-1 (25.3 overs)|
|Fakhar Zaman 126 (81)||Tim Southee 1-27|
|Babar Azam 66 (63)||Mitchell Santner 0-35|
|Abdullah Shafique 4 (9)||Trent Boult 0-50|
|RESULT||Pakistan won by 21 runs as per the DLS method|
- The heavens were smiling upon the Pakistan cricket team; lady luck was on their side, and it was the most anti-climactic ending to a high-octane match. Pakistan won this match by 21 runs, as per the DLS.
- The Black Caps had an early breakthrough when Tim Southee took Abdullah’s wicket. However, this was the beginning of their end. Babar and Fakhar had a partnership of 194 runs in 141 deliveries. However, Fakhar was the star of the show.
- Fakhar broke some records while making New Zealand bowlers try everything to take a wicket. But this wasn’t happening. Fakhar was on the top.
Check: Fakhar breaks World Cup records.
- Babar scored his 66 runs in 63 balls. Fakhar scored 125 in 78. This tells you the impact he had
- But there was another star of the show, the dark clouds over Bengaluru.
- The rain stopped play, and DLS showed Pakistan 10 runs ahead. This worried the Black Caps as they had an excellent chance of winning. The match wasn’t over yet. But the rain had another plan.
- Fakhar returned when the play was resumed, and so did his onslaught on New Zealand bowlers.
- Pakistan was on 200-1 at 25.3 overs, and clouds started pouring again. DLS showed Pakistan was 21 runs ahead this time.
- The rain didn’t stop, and the heavens smiled on Pakistan today as they won by 21 runs. WHAT A TWIST IN THE STORY.
Player of the match.
FAKHAR HAS TO BE THE MAN OF THE MATCH. What a performance that was. He was dropped initially, but the way he has made his comeback is amazing. FIREWORKS WERE NOT STOPPING AT ALL.