Pakistan and Netherlands will start their World Cup 2023 campaign on 6 October 2023. The match will be at 1:30 p.m. at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad. Fans can see the Pakistan vs Netherlands match highlights and live streaming in this article. But wait for a couple of seconds. The video will load. You can scroll down to read the live highlights and blog for Pak vs Ned.
The Netherlands is going to play the World Cup after 12 years. The last time they played a CWC match was in India. What a coincidence they are getting another chance in India. The way they qualified for the tournament was inspirational nonetheless. Everyone will be looking forward to their performance.
Pakistan is returning from a roller coaster ride of injuries, heartbreaks, and inconsistent performances. Their batting is the strongest they have had in the past decade. However, they are struggling with their bowling. And this is something no one in the world thought would happen to a team like Pakistan.
It is an urban legend in Pakistan that they will always defend a total because of their more potent bowling. Can they claim that now?
In this article, we will talk about the match details, live streaming, and the highlights of this match. You will also see our prediction in this article.
|Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad|
|Match||Pakistan vs Netherlands|
|Time||1:30 PM local time|
|Match days||6 October 2023|
Live streaming and Live scores
If you talk about live streaming, Pakistan fans can watch the match for free on three different platforms. Firstly, you can watch the games live on the Tamasha App. Tamasha provided quality live streams of Asia Cup 2023. Now, you can also enjoy the live streaming for the World Cup.
The next platform that you can use for live streaming is Daraz App. Yeah, Daraz is back in action. Pakistani fans enjoy the PSL seasons on this e-commerce platform. Now, they watch Pak vs NED live on it as well. It was confusing why they couldn’t watch the Asia Cup on it. Well, it is never too late to mend.
Another app joins the party. You can download the Shoq app and watch the match live there. It is a fairly new app. Hence, we still must experience it to see if it is worth it. Don’t worry, we will tell you if it is good.
Many websites will provide you with live scores. However, only a few websites are the best of the best. And I am sure you already know about those. Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are the best websites for live scores.
That doesn’t change that we cover topics from a fan’s POV. We are your voice. And you can support your voice by turning the notifications on and sharing our articles.
Let’s talk about who will win this match. Pakistan has much better chances. But you never know; anything can happen.
Netherlands: Netherlands Squad for Cricket World Cup 2023
This record is in favor of Pakistan. The Netherlands hasn’t been able to win a single match in the past 5 head-to-head clashes between Pakistan and the Netherlands. The Dutch team hasn’t been able to get any wins against the Green Shirts.
NED has the best new-ball attack. Hence, some early wickets can be like Fakhar and Imam. Imam is especially a walking-talking wicket. His performance hasn’t been very good for the past few ODI matches.
Pakistan has Shaheen and Babar, the central figures, to ensure a win. However, any player can claim the Man of the Match award.
The Netherlands has enjoyed an excellent ODI season so far. They have won against some of the best sides in the world. We all remember how they thrashed West Indies in a high-scoring match, and Van der Merwe rescued the team. They will come with a high morale.
Pakistan’s bowing is struggling. Without Naseem Shah, there is a dent in their plan. Hasan Ali did show some promise with the new ball in the warmup against the Aussies. However, Pakistan needs its top-form spinners, which hasn’t been the case so far. They lost the Asia Cup, and people say the boys haven’t been able to pull themselves back up from that debacle.
In this section, you will learn all the essential details of the match, from the toss to the playing 11 and from the first innings to the man of the game. We will also tell you about the different partnerships between players. Do not miss even a single detail.
The Netherlands won the toss, and they chose to field first. This is the same tactic New Zealand used yesterday. Will it work against Pakistan?
|Vikramjit Singh||Fakhar Zaman|
|Colin Ackermann||Babar Azam|
|Bas de Leede||Mohammad Rizwan|
|Teja Nidamanuru||Saud Shakeel|
|Scott Edwards||Iftikhar Ahmed|
|Saqib Zulfiqar||Mohammad Nawaz|
|Logan van Beek||Shadab Khan|
|Roelof van der Merwe||Hasan Ali|
|Aryan Dutt||Shaheen Shah Afridi|
|Paul van Meekeren||Haris Rauf|
First Innings – Pakistan
|PAKISTAN 286-10 (49 overs)|
|Saud Shakeel 68 (52)||Bas de Leede 4-62|
|Mohammad Rizwan 68 (75)||Colin Ackermann 2-39|
|Mohammad Nazwa 39 (43)||Aryan Dutt 1-48|
|Shadab Khan 32 (34)||Logan van Beek 1-30|
- Things did not start well for the Pakistan cricket team. Their batters were awkward from the get-go, losing three wickets in the first ten overs.
- Fakhar Zaman gave away his wicket on a standard delivery. It was nothing out of this world. Van Beek bowled a cutter, and that got Fakhar. But it was a great effort from the bowler. It is never easy to catch the ball when you are in your follow-through.
- Babar Azam, the world’s number one ODI batter, came to the rescue. But could he even do something? The bowlers cramped him for room. He played 18 deliveries and couldn’t score more than 5 runs. Spinners are his weakness. He has thrown away his wicket to spin numerous times, and this was no different.
- Babar Azam tried to hit the ball. Ackerman successfully frustrated Babar to play a rash shot, and he got him. Pakistan in dismay.
- Soon after, the skipper, Imam-ul-Haq, threw away his wicket. He got out on a short ball, getting caught near the boundary. Pathetic stuff from Pakistani batters. Brilliant plan and execution from the Dutch.
Redemption from the middle-order
- But the middle order is here to the rescue. Both Rizwan and Saud Shakeel are looking good. Fans on X are wondering where Saud was hiding for so long.
- The batters had a stand of 120 runs on 114 deliveries. These quick runs saved Pakistan for now. But the job was half done. Saud Shakeel gave away his wicket at 68 runs. Rizwan followed him soon and gave away his wicket at 68 runs. It was an excellent delivery from de Leede. The ball seamed towards Rizwan and took away the off-stump with it. Pakistan is in trouble again.
- All hopes were on Iftikhar to show the fans some IftiMania magic. Unfortunately, he fell prey to Bas de Leede as well. Pakistan is in deep trouble against the Dutch side.
Tail-enders struggle to play 50 overs.
- Nawaz and Shadab build up a partnership of 64 runs to steer the innings towards stability. But de Leede had other plans in mind. He got the scalps of Shadab and Hasan Ali in succession. Pakistan is in trouble again.
- Shaheen, the bowler, is essential for Pakistan today. But Pakistan needs him in the batting department as well today. He better stay for Nawaz to score some runs. Or maybe Afridi has picked up a thing or two from his father-in-law and can push for a few boundaries here or there.
- More troubles for Pakistan as Nawas gets run out at 39 runs. It is up to Shaheen and Haris to ensure Pakistan completes its 50-over quote.
- Haris and Shaheen started their onslaught on the Netherlands bowlers.
- If the top-order had kept their wickets at hand, Pakistan could have scored many runs. The Netherlands have bowled Pakistan out with one over remaining. However, Pakistan has to be happy with it since the situation was far more dire than this.
2nd Innings – Netherlands
|NETHERLANDS 205-10 (41 overs)|
|Bas de Leede 67 (68)||Haris Rauf 3-43|
|Vikramjit Singh 52 (67)||Hasan Ali 2-33|
|Logan van Beek 28 (28)||Mohammad Nawaz 1-31|
|RESULT||Pakistan won by 81 runs|
- Things didn’t start well for the Dutch either. Hasan Ali picked up Max’s wicket. He went cheap at 5 runs. Sooner, Colin Ackerman joined the dugout with the rest of the team when Iftikhar Ahmed bowled him out. It was a poor choice of shot from the batter.
- Two early wickets fell, but the 70-run partnership between Bas de Leede and Vikram put some runs on the board. Vikram scored his 50 but fell prey to Shadab’s wrong-un.
- After Vikram’s dismissal, de Leede showed some hope for the Netherlands. He scored 67 runs on 68 deliveries and could have been the Man of the Match award candidate if his side had won the match. Nawaz bowled him out, relinquishing any hopes the Dutch had.
- After de Leede, the Pacers took the batters by storm. Van Beek was the only batter who fought till the end.
- The clash between Haris Rauf and Van Mekereen was very entertaining. This is what cricket is all about. The passion, the fire, the excitement, and the desire to win. It brings about the best in the players. However, Haris Rauf got the last laugh by hitting Van Mekereen’s wickets with a fast reverse swinging delivery. Pakistan won the match by 81 runs, bowling the Netherlands out in 41 overs.
Man of the match
Saud Shakeel got the Man of the Match award for his quick 68 runs. He hasn’t played that much ODI cricket for Pakistan. But the coach did warn everyone to watch out for Saud Shakeel. Hence, here we are. The lad has performed. When asked what Saud’s plan was, he said he wanted to stick with the basics and score runs. He said he “prefers any bowler that will give him boundaries” when asked whether he is comfortable with spin or pace. What a player!