The Gladiators 2024 Squad and the Qalandars played the 4th match of HBL PSL 9 on 19 February 2024. In this article, we will talk about the match highlights. Lahore has lost their previous match. However, Quetta is finally looking good. Both teams are here for the win. But who got the last laugh? To know what happened in this match, read these highlights. We also update the HBL PSL 9 score live here, so check it out.
We are constantly updating this post. So refresh for the latest updates. Also, if you want to watch match live next time,click on this link to know where you can go to watch HBL PSL LIVE
Today (19 Feb 2024), the match will start at 7 pm.
|GADDAFI STADIUM LAHORE
|Quetta Gladiators v Lahore Qalandars
|19 February 2024
Lahore Qalandars won the toss and chose to bat first.
|Rassie van der Dussen
|Shaheen Shah Afridi
You can also check out PSL 9 Schedule 2024 as well.
|Lahore Qalandars 187-7
|Sahibzada Farhan 62 (43)
|Akeal Hosein 2-17
|Jahandad Khan 45 (17)
|Mohammad Hasnain 2-50
|Sikandar Raza 18 (12)
|Mohammad Amir 1-33
|188 RUNS IN 20 OVERS
- Things were quite difficult for Lahore Qalandars. However, Farhan and Jahandad steered the team to a comfortable target
- All the big names like Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafique, and Rassie van der Dussen couldn’t convert their starts into big innings.
- This put Lahore Qalandars in a sticky situation. Sahibzada Farhan can only do so much alone at one side of the crease. However, the young Jahandad comes to the rescue.
- Jahandad’s explosive innings, along with Sahibzada’s calculative hitting took Lahore Qalandars to a decent total.
- Among the bowlers, Abrar Ahmad and Akeal Hossain were pretty good. Abrar could have ended up with good numbers. However, he came under the attack of Jahandad.
- Akeal Hossain was the only bowler who ended up with the great economy rate. Mohammad Amir’s experience helped the team restrict the Qalandar Brothers to a lower total.
|Quetta Gladiators 188-5
|Khawaja Nafay 60 (31)
|Sikandar Raza 1-25
|Saud Shakeel 40 (23)
|Zaman Khan 1-27
|Rilee Rossouw 18 (13)
|Salman Fayyaz 1-27
|Quetta Gladiators won by 5 wickets
- Openers Jason Roy and Saud Shakeel dominated the game in the powerplay, and the carnage continued as Khawaja Nafay proclaimed his debut in the PSL with a magnificent knock that contained four fours and three sixes.
- Although a few untimely wickets prompted moments of fear, the Gladiators never looked doubtful, with Nafay tackling every stroke in the book with patience.
- No bowlers could contain the onslaught of Nafay and Saud Shakeel. This is troublesome for Lahore Qalandars who pride themselves with one of the best bowling attacks of the tournament.
- Quetta wins back-to-back, while Lahore loses for the second time in a row at home.
Man of the match
Khawaja Mohammad Nafay won the man of the match award for his quickfire innings. This young lad has shown that if you have the right intent, you can achieve big things in big matches. For Quetta Gladiators, this was indeed a big match.