Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will play their match on 6 October 2023 in Delhi. Both teams struggled a lot in this World Cup. While it wasn’t a treat to see these two struggle, we got to see some excellence from the “minnows” as well. Hopefully, they will have a chance to get some momentum in this match and show what they are made of and what they want their team to look like.
You will get everything in this article, from live streaming to ball-by-ball commentary, highlights, and predictions. So read the entire thing, my dawg.
We have seen that most of our viewers are from Pakistan and the UAE. We will focus on those fans here in this section. However, if you are anywhere else in the world, you can know how to watch the live streaming by clicking on the following link.
Cricket fans living in the MENA countries can watch the matches live on Starzplay. Enjoy premium quality live streaming on your phones and laptops by using their service.
For fans in Pakistan, you can check out the following platforms if you want to watch live streaming for Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka match.
- Tamasha app and website
- ARY Zapp app and website
- A Sports
- Daraz app
- Shoq app
- Tampad for ad-free experience (300 PKR per month)
|Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi|
|Match||Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka|
|Starting time||14.00 local|
|Date||6 November 2023|
|TV Umpire||Nitin Menon|
|Reserve Umpire||Adrian Holdstock|
|Match Referee||Richie Richardson|
Bangladesh’s journey so far
Apart from their opening match against Afghanistan, they haven’t clicked. They were dealing with their players getting injured, bad decisions regarding the toss, reading the pitch wrong, and a lack of planning while playing the game.
Bangladesh: Bangladesh Squad for World Cup 2023 [Announced]
Bangladesh had the potential to be one of the best teams in this tournament. However, they returned to being the old team in this World Cup. There were some sparks here and there. But they have to capitalize on them and win matches. What they are lacking are solid matchwinners.
Mahmudullah seemed in form. He could have been their match-winner. However, Bangladesh kept playing him lower down the order.
Sri Lanka will have to rebuild
Sri Lanka has been struggling ever since players like Malinga, Sangakkara, and Mahela left the game and retired. They haven’t been able to be the old Lankan squad that would make you struggle. If we look back at 2011, the last time the tournament was played on Indian soil, they were the runners-up.
Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka Squad for World Cup 2023
However, this Lankan squad is far more different and inexperienced than that squad. They have a lot to look forward to a team to rebuild, some players to polish, and some future planning to do.
They have future stars in Wellalage, Theekshana, Madushanka, and Mendis. It is time the Sri Lankan Board invested in grooming the squad, getting them more experience, and catching up to the rest of the cricketing world.
It rained cats and dogs in the Pak vs NZ Cricket World Cup match. However, it rains runs on this pitch. South Africa scored tons of runs here. If the pitch is the same as it was a month ago, batters will play a huge role. Otherwise, it is terrible news for the team, which will collapse. Delhi may face poor air quality, but I highly doubt that will affect the play.
From the Lanakn camp, Dilshan Madushanka has been brilliant. He is heading towards the greats like Chaminda Vaas regarding the most wickets in a World Cup match. He has levelled the record with Malinga the Slinga right now. However, he must get 23 wickets to be among the greats. Bangladesh has to counter him for sure.
Mahmudullah will stir up things in the Bangladesh dugout. I don’t know what the management is thinking about sending him down the order. He is your proper number 4 batter. And he is getting results on these pitches. And he is the reason Bangladesh didn’t collapse a lot earlier in some matches. It is about time the Bangladesh team used him correctly. HE WILL SCORE RUNS
Sri Lanka will win this one. Their batters are in better form than their Bangladeshi rivals. Kusal Mendis, Sadeera Samarawikrama, and Nissanka score runs at the top order, while bowlers like Theekshana and Madushanka get a tight grip on the opposing batters. Bangladesh, on the other hand, hasn’t been able to produce that exceptional all-around performance yet.
Bangladesh won the toss, and they chose to field first. This is a batting pitch, and it seems like they want to chase under the lights. Is that possible, Bangladesh?
|Tanzid Hasan||Pathum Nissanka|
|Litton Das||Kusal Perera|
|Najmul Hossain Shanto||Kusal Mendis|
|Shakib Al Hasan||Sadeera Samarawirkama|
|Mushfiqur Rahim||Charith Asalanka|
|Towhid Hirdoy||Dhananjaya de Silva|
|Mehidy Hasan Miraz||Maheesh Theekshana|
|Tanzim Hasan Sakib||Dushmantha Chameera|
|Taskin Ahmed||Kasun Rajhita|
|Shoriful Islam||Dilshan Madushanka|
First Innings – Sri Lanka
|SRI LANKA 279-10 (49.3 overs)|
|Charith Asalanka 108 (105)||Tanzim Hasan Sakib 3-80|
|Pathum Nissanka 41 (36)||Shoriful Islam 2-51|
|Sadeera Samarawickrama 41 (42)||Shakib Al Hasan 2-57|
|TARGET||280 runs in 50 overs|
- Sri Lanka ended with 279, which isn’t particularly impressive compared to previous matches at this location.
- However, there appeared to be more mobility for the pacers today. And this is a fairly impressive comeback from 135/5 when Mathews was stunningly timed out.
Read more: What happened with Angelo Mathews?
- Charith Asalanka batted brilliantly for his second ODI century, pulling his team out of a hole. Despite the wickets they had lost, he remained upbeat from the start of his innings.
- Some of the great strokes he hit included two lofted smashes over mid-off off Shakib’s bowling, as well as a six off Tanzim over long-on when he selected the slower ball early and timed it well.
- He was only on 1 at the time, which speaks a lot about the level of determination with which he played. Bangladesh, on the other hand, would be pleased with their efforts.
- Despite failing to take any wickets, Taskin was effective with the new ball.
- Shakib and Mehidy were neat throughout the center, while Tanzim was extremely pricey.
Second Innings – Bangladesh
|BANGLADESH 282-7 (41.1 overs)|
|Najmul Hossain Shanto 90 (101)||Dilshan Madushanka 3-69|
|Shakib Al Hasan 82 (65)||Maheesh Theekshana 2-44|
|Mahmudullah 22 (23)||Angelo Mathews 2-44|
|RESULT||Bangladesh won by 3 wickets at hand, with 53 balls remaining|
- Bangladesh needed 280 runs to win, and they achieved 169 thanks to a third-wicket stand between Shakib Al Hasan and Najmul Hossain Shanto.
- The two left-handers had struggled in the World Cup, but they came through tonight to give the team a comfortable win despite the late wickets.
- There was more drama around Mathews’ timeout and all the byplay that ensued than there competed.
- Even when the players quietly shake hands, the two coaches can be seen conversing. Meanwhile, this result seals Sri Lanka’s elimination from the semi-finals.
- At a place where we’ve seen enormous scores in this tournament, they didn’t have enough on the board.
- With two early wickets, Dilshan Madushanka gave them optimism, and Shakib looked uncomfortable early on.
- But after he got his eye in and the dew set in, he and Shanto completely dominated the game.
Man of the match
Shakib is back at being the best all-rounder. He scored those quick 82 runs, and got two wickets. Bangladesh will look him as a hero today, Sri Lankans will look him as a villain. But majority of cricket fans will look him as someone who went against the spirit of the cricket.