Now, this is a match we all want to see. India and New Zealand play the 21st match of CWC 2023 on 22 October 2023. In this article, you can find the match preview, highlights, and all the other good stuff. There will also be a video under this paragraph during the match for ball-by-ball commentary. We will update the highlights later on. So stay tuned.
India, the hosts, has had a picture-perfect tournament so far. They won a game against Pakistan in Ahmedabad; they thrashed the Aussies during India vs Australia CWC 2023 and completely dominated against the other teams. So far, so good.
New Zealand are probably eyeing for their third consecutive World Cup final. And they are heading there at full speed. The only thing that can dent this speed is India, and vice versa. Both teams are unbeaten right now. However, the only significant match the Black Caps played was England vs New Zealand CWC 2023. It is time New Zealand faced some tough times, I guess.
Cricket fans in India and New Zealand will enjoy watching this crucial match in the 2023 Cricket World Cup. You may share it with your friends and family by organizing a pleasant get-together.
Remember to show your support by wearing your team’s colours or jerseys. You may also participate in the fun by conversing with other fans online.
This game is more than simply a game; it is an opportunity to be a part of cricket history. When you applaud your team, you are part of a global celebration of this magnificent sport.
It’s a time to develop beautiful memories and experience a sense of unity that transcends borders, bringing people together from all walks of life.
India vs New Zealand Cricket World Cup 2023 – Match preview
I have said it before, and I will repeat it. This pitch is the best for the fast bowlers. You might have already seen this before, haven’t you? The overcast conditions of this mountainous region allow the pacers to enjoy the movement in the air and off the seam. The average score is pretty low, too. We will discuss how it can affect the possible strategies for the teams. Bumrah and Matt Henry are going to be LETHAL here.
Probable playing 11
Both teams are winning the games. So it doesn’t make sense to change the playing eleven. This is an important match; you do not want to head in without your proper squad. So, here are the probably playing 11
India: Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
New Zealand: Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult
Win the toss and bat first. This is not the sort of pitch you want to chase any target. It is a bowler’s galore. This one is a paradise for seamers. If you look at the previous match played here, the Pacers played a considerable role. During the Netherlands vs South Africa CWC 2023, fast bowlers made it a living hell for the batters. So, you must stay at the crease a bit longer, let the ball get older, and strike it in the later overs if you are batting.
Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma are the key players when you talk about batters. These batters will play a key role. From New Zealand, Rachin Ravindra has to step up his game.
Will Young has scored some runs, which gives him the confidence to step into this match with the right intent. Let’s come to the fast bowlers because they are going to make a real difference on such a surface.
Talking about the Indian pace attack, Jasprit Bumrah will be the lead. He can be the leading wicket-taker in this match for the men in Blue. Hardik Pandya had an injury scare in the previous match, so his presence alone is a grey area in this match.
Mohammad Siraj has shown the destruction he can bring if he gets the ball to swing. And that will happen in this match. I hope none of you have forgotten Asia Cup Final 2023: India vs Sri Lanka Highlights.
New Zealand, of course, has Matt Henry, who has been in the form. Lokie Perguson was the man of the match recently. So he is a key player as well. But this is a match in which you must watch the Boult. He is the guy who will take wickets on such surfaces. You have to live under a rock not to know his impact on the previous World Cups.
This is a hard one, to be honest. Both of these teams are equal in terms of skill and experience. India’s batting side is more potent. However, should you rely on it on such a pitch? India has played against the bigger sides so far in the tournament.
Pakistan and Australia were not easy opponents.
New Zealand, however, have just breezed through. The only noteworthy opponent they faced was the English. It is going to get tough for the Black Caps.
So my prediction is that India is going to win tomorrow’s match.
India won the toss, and they chose to bowl first. Really? Do you want to chase on such a bowling pitch? Come on, Rohit.
|Rachin Ravindra||Rohit Sharma|
|Devon Conway||Shubhman Gill|
|Daryl Mitchell||Virat Kohli|
|Will Young||Shreyas Iyer|
|Tom Latham||KL Rahul|
|Glenn Philips||Suryakumar Yadav|
|Mark Chapman||Ravindra Jadeja|
|Mitchell Santner||Mohammad Shami|
|Matt Henry||Kuldeep Yadav|
|Lockie Ferguson||Mohammad Siraj|
|Trent Boult||Jasprit Bumrah|
First Innings – New Zealand
|NEW ZEALAND 273-10 (50 overs)|
|Daryl Mitchell 130 (127)||Mohammed Shami 5-54|
|Rachin Ravindra 75 (87)||Kuldeep Yadav 2-73|
|Glenn Phillips 23 (26)||Mohammed Siraj 1-45|
|TARGET||274 runs in 50 overs|
- This was an on-and-off situation from the Kiwi batters. Brilliant death bowling from India, tho.
- Ravindra and Mitchell shared 159 runs for the third wicket. Aside from that, no one else got going for New Zealand. India got off to a great start by dismissing the openers early.
- Bumrah and Siraj were correct. But then Jadeja dropped Ravindra, and the Indians paid the price with some brilliant hitting against spin and pace. Mitchell was New Zealand’s spearhead in batting.
- He went on to score a fantastic 130. Shami was brought in for India and picked up a fifer. Bumrah and Siraj did the same.
- Ravindra and Mitchell took on the spinners in the middle overs, scoring a few runs from 19 for 2 to 178 for 3 to 273 for all.
- This inning went through several stages. India also aided the visitors by dropping a few catches.
- The wicket is good for batsmen, although slower balls are gripping. It didn’t get much attention. However, 274 would not be an easy score because I believe this is a par score.
Second Innings – India
|INDIA 274-6 (48 overs)|
|Virat Kohli 95 (104)||Lockie Ferguson 2-63|
|Rohit Sharma 46 (40)||Mitchell Santner 1-37|
|Ravindra Jadeja 39 (44)||Trent Boult 1-602|
|RESULT||India won by 4 wickets at hand and 2 overs remaining|
- They were put to the test against a team that was at the top of the standings heading into today. However, India has successfully chased them down.
- This is India’s fifth successful run chase. Rohit, Gill, Iyer, and Rahul all earned starts, but none resulted in anything significant. Kohli let go of the helm and continued to guide India toward their goal.
- He never had to take the extra risk and followed his strategy to the letter. SKY was unlucky to get run out due to some bad calls. But Kohli remained undeterred.
- Jadeja stepped in and was the ideal second fiddle to Kohli. He took his team home with a few crucial boundaries.
- It was quite a bummer King Kohli couldn’t score his ton. But India will go back with smiles on their faces. This was a great match.
- We predicted that India would win, and it happened. They are at the top of the points table, and it seems like they have cemented a place in the top 4 now.
Man of the match
There you go. I said it before and will repeat it: a fast bowler will always rule on this pitch. And it was Shami’s day today. Apart from the onslaught from Rachin and Daryl Mitchell, he was right on the money. Shami comes time and time again and proves why he is the spearhead for Indian fast bowlers. He has earned this award for his brilliant 5-wicket haul.